Kit refill questions

May 22, 2009
I need to order some refills for my Taylor 2006.

I need the R 0871 stuff for testing FC. 1) Do I need to stick with the 3/4oz bottle? Will the 2oz. bottle (assuming it's all in one bottle, not two 1oz bottles) fit in my blue box? 2) How long do these reagents last? Will I have to replace everything next year? If so, I'll only order the 3/4oz now.

The Taylor 2 oz bottles will not fit into your box. Order them anyway and get yourself a small tool box to keep your testing supplies in. You will have room for your sample bottle and any other things you might use for pool testing (like magnetic stirrer or addtional test kits for borates, salt, or metals.)
Actually the FAS titrant is the one reagent that is most likely to go bad when stored for a long time. If stored properly you might get two seasons out of it but if it turns color (pale pink to orange) throw it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.