It's going down for real....

At least the whole pool isn't under like prob so many others. It's full at least. Glad u had no damage.

Hope you could turn the lemons of too much rain into lemonade of a full pool without taxing your well or paying the water company! Glad it almost looks just right and that things are OK!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
40,400 inground gunnite, max depth 10-ft with 1.5 hp single speed Pentair, DE filter, well water, only one skimmer working, TAYLOR TK-2006 TEST KIT COMP CHLORINE FAS-DPD, Chester County, PA--OLD pool, but a beauty.

So glad you didn't have any damage. I am in central Florida and keeping an eye on Hurricane Irma as I just had the steel completed on Friday and worried they won't have the gunite done this week. Does anyone know whose responsibility it is if your partial pool is damaged due to a hurricane (will PB redig or repair at no cost) or if construction debris caused damage to your home or nearby homes (would home ins cover even though pool hasn't been added yet to policy since it isn't finished yet)?

I would be pushing to get it done this week. If they have not looked at the forecast have them do so.

I would also be picking up everything I could get my hands on. Yeah it is their job but with this who cares? Better safe than sorry.

Kim:kim:

So glad you didn't have any damage. I am in central Florida and keeping an eye on Hurricane Irma as I just had the steel completed on Friday and worried they won't have the gunite done this week. Does anyone know whose responsibility it is if your partial pool is damaged due to a hurricane (will PB redig or repair at no cost) or if construction debris caused damage to your home or nearby homes (would home ins cover even though pool hasn't been added yet to policy since it isn't finished yet)?

Funny you ask, we were supposed to have our pool gunited the Friday before Harvey hit. There wasnt time to complete the job, so the gunite trucks came out and they "flashed" everything. Basically put a thin layer of gunite over all the surfaces to try and keep the walls from collapsing in with all the rain. It worked to some extent.... On ours, the gunite cracked up and allowed some cave in. We thought it looked awful and were worried we'd be out a bunch of money to get it cleaned up. When our pool builder came out after a few days, said "aw its not that bad", we felt a lot better. They gave it a few days to dry up, then they came out and cleaned up everything and shot gunite in the same day. No cost to us.

We have been fortunate. We did not suffer any damage. After the storm was over, the pool started to drain some from the weep holes. I poured 6 gallons of 8.25% and manually tried to get some circulation going with a shovel. I did that mostly to prevent mosquitos. Interesting thing is the water started to clear up some and we can see the bottom of the pool. PB added some more bleach again today. Let's see if it tries to clear up some more. PB expects to come back out Monday or Tuesday next week to finish up electrical and lay the decking down. In the grand scheme of things, this is no big deal and all just first world problems.

We were debating Northshore Tahoe, but then my wife did some work for the builder and he upgraded us for free to Antigua which was a Tier 3 plaster.

Our coping looks very similar, is that Dark Walnut travertine? Ours is being installed today actually along with the tile.

So I left my time lapse camera outside while Hurricane Harvey rolled through. We got lucky. We ended up with a little over 23" of rain in 5 days. There are literally spots in town with over 40", 50" of rain. When they first forecasted that, a lot of people, including myself thought 50" was not possible. I mean seriously, 50" of rain! Anyways. I put a little video together, if you have 4 minutes. Nothing dramatic. What is interesting is: 1) I filled the pool a little under half way... rest was from the rain. 2) The clouds changing direction throughout the storm is pretty cool, I thought.

- - - Updated - - -

We were debating Northshore Tahoe, but then my wife did some work for the builder and he upgraded us for free to Antigua which was a Tier 3 plaster.

Our coping looks very similar, is that Dark Walnut travertine? Ours is being installed today actually along with the tile.

Yes, dark walnut travertine. I may still see if we can get the Antigua ... but I don't know I do like the Northshore Tahoe as well.

We had a little work done end of last week. The electricians came out to do some stub out work and bonded the pool. They also did some conduit work for the various electrical work I wanted. Plumbing work is done as well. Well, mostly. They missed the plumbing for the three water falls. They will be back for that. Next step is going to be decking pour and I guess build out of the wall for the water features.

e0f09c7252a3ced32acfcbc6ee32acb3.jpg

ea157ddf830b05713c18ea28573cd98e.jpg

de446c056bf0a1c00a70428fd609779e.jpg

8d8d816b4d2de444b77f1ac510ae822d.jpg

Conduit for my extra 100amp box in the pool shed.
4195eea96906b42f140e90ae9963e555.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good catch! Man that would have stunk! You just shouldn't have to worry about stuff like that! And then my guys make fun of me cause I'm always repeating myself. Did we do this did we do that. But that's cause most of them are old. Lol. I'm just kidding it's cause thier heads are in 5 different places.

I try not to be too OCD, but when it's major items that might require tearing up of the decking, I figured they would appreciate me pointing it out. Cheaper to fix it now then later!

I got news that they will come out to do the framing tomorrow for the decking. Decking will be poured on Saturday!

Exciting times!

Unfortunately we got stood up twice my the framer. The plumbers did come back out to put things in for the water falls. The framers for the deck should be out tomorrow. Third time's a charm?

Also added more bleach to the water. Hmm. I should test it tomorrow. :)

0659156f54114894c0e620abab13d23e.jpg

78c11d55c0fd63afd09c965907cb3c81.jpg

Gurrrrrrrrrrrrrr I hope they show up tomorrow!!! Want me to call them for you????????? I will use my "teacher voice" LOL

Kim:kim:

Haha, thanks for the offer! If they don't show tomorrow, then I may be more upset. I mean, it's really first world problems... so it's ok. Plus I know the PB wants this done as much as I want it done. They want to get paid. :)

The framers for the decking showed up today. I have to say, I think these guys are true craftsman of their job. The framed everything, squares it up, leveled the ground (still need more fill dirt) all without super fancy machinery. Levels and shovels. Amazing. Three guys.

51031e9be45f61c4835ad681dc8c703e.jpg

de5db3ca7c8ce71712abfe6d51043313.jpg

97694659bf00988f3890006b97687c4c.jpg

0a97a1e638447ad70befa8c42f2cf602.jpg

Prep for future covered patio.
7d5cbfad593b7921ca39c69fdbbf7ee3.jpg

Over head shot for an look at what the decking will look like. The little rectangular pad will be for equipment shed.
9900386248bf76d04d7fad03a9469435.jpg

The guy who mows the lot next to us has style I think.
19517ff196b8512cefc63082f9cec67a.jpg

Bonus pic. The water is surprisingly (relatively speaking) clear I think. Funny.
3cbecff9b4a373aa6dbbf99bc88944db.jpg

The framers for the decking showed up today. I have to say, I think these guys are true craftsman of their job. The framed everything, squares it up, leveled the ground (still need more fill dirt) all without super fancy machinery. Levels and shovels. Amazing. Three guys.

51031e9be45f61c4835ad681dc8c703e.jpg

de5db3ca7c8ce71712abfe6d51043313.jpg

97694659bf00988f3890006b97687c4c.jpg

0a97a1e638447ad70befa8c42f2cf602.jpg

Prep for future covered patio.
7d5cbfad593b7921ca39c69fdbbf7ee3.jpg

Over head shot for an look at what the decking will look like. The little rectangular pad will be for equipment shed.
9900386248bf76d04d7fad03a9469435.jpg

The guy who mows the lot next to us has style I think.
19517ff196b8512cefc63082f9cec67a.jpg

Bonus pic. The water is surprisingly (relatively speaking) clear I think. Funny.
3cbecff9b4a373aa6dbbf99bc88944db.jpg

Definitely a group of hardworking guys! I think it is kind of cool that your pool fill consisted of rain from Hurricane Harvey! Looking really great.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.