It's going down for real....

So PB says equipment should be here tomorrow. He will try and get it in tomorrow. If not it will be Friday.

The shed is a bit of an adventure. It took ambit to get them here. The first time they swapped the door, this happened:
69c36cbdc54b0d1db1aae8df2ced4beb.jpg

ce93ff3fe3b302bbddbd74bf1751f06a.jpg

See how the door is jacked up? Sigh. Oh and this:
9e835f9efd8fb8c3cf79395fd6d83549.jpg

Yes that's right they used an off white paint on the white paint because they didn't bring the right thing.

I finally went over to them in person and showed them the pictures today. The manager was pisses and had a guy over to the house within an hour. Now it's fixed.

Hope the rest of the pool goes smoother.

Congrats on the progress and thanks for this awesome build thread! Love all the pics and videos.

We are in Richmond too (but on a much smaller lot in a subdivision off the 99) and just starting our process. Maybe we commiserate later about the experience at the Swinging Door ;)

Congrats on the progress and thanks for this awesome build thread! Love all the pics and videos.

We are in Richmond too (but on a much smaller lot in a subdivision off the 99) and just starting our process. Maybe we commiserate later about the experience at the Swinging Door ;)

Ha. I would be up for that. I am sure there are plenty more of us that are on this side of town. I just saw that you signed a contract. That's cool. You should get a Brinno camera to create your own time lapse. They are inexpensive and fun.

OH that is MAJOR progress!!! That set up looks great! Lots of room to move around and store stuff.

I want to give you a heads up. You need to look around for a safe place to store your muriatic acid. it should be not stored by chlorine or metal. m.a. and chlorine do not play well together and m.a. can rust metal (the fumes). You might be able to keep it at one end from the other stuff with a look out for metal. I wonder if there is some way to coat the metal that will protect it???

Kim:kim:

Well look at that!!! :party:

Now make sure to wrap a dish towel around the end of the hose so the metal does not cause any problems to your pretty new plaster. Have the end of the hose right on the main drain when you start adding water. You can also tape empty plastic bottles to the hose to help it float when it gets deep enough.

Remember the water will take a while to reach it's final color. It may even look a little green at first. Once the water is balanced and the plaster is cured then you should see your final color.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looky, looky! You have water in YOUR pool! :party:

That wash really changed the whole look! NICE!

Any idea when it will be filled? If you even think it will fill during the night turn off one of the hose and slow the other one down so you don't have to worry about getting up in the middle of the morning.

Oh my goodness it looks so awesome!!! I love the look of the pebbles and the dark tile together!! So very sharp! I hope the weather will warm up enough for you to take at least one dip before winter!

Being in Houston, it's entirely possible that it might hit over 90* again in the next month or so. In fact, it might high upper 80's end of next week. It's ok... if it doesn't work out, I've got a fire pit ready to go in! We'll make the best of it.

Pool is filling pretty quickly with both hoses going. One side benefit on putting a sock on the end of the hose is that it acts as a sediment filter. We have a community well. A company maintains the well, processes and pumps it out. But we do occasionally have sand in the water.

e74ff7d708e3ef59b559c41b261f0f70.jpg

a8499bb6878d50b699630a2aeda30733.jpg

I always wanted a dark bottom pool. St least I can have it during early hours in the day.
7d9787f5b62aa77aacdc917fd65cda82.jpg

d2ea768777472f082184aafc0b7e4869.jpg

PB stopped by this afternoon. Got the pump running with the main drain on and the returns. Skimmers are off for the time being since the pool isn't completely full yet. Test the water features and bubblers all looks good. Leaving the pump on so things start to get filtered. Pool was brushed as well. Sooo... getting closer and closer...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.