It's going down for real....

Practiced using the test kit this morning. I guess eventually, I will remember the steps. But for the time being, it's a lot of reading....

The water in the neighborhood comes from a community well. There's a company that processes the water and pumps it through out the neighborhood.

Here are the results. Hope I didn't screw up the tests too badly.
FC - 2.5
CC - 0.0
pH - 8.0
TA - 200
CH - 200
CYA - 0
Salt - 200ppm
Water Temp - 78*

- - - Updated - - -

nice built!

Thanks! Just waiting for the next steps now...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not even going to try to play it cool.... I am so jealous of how big your yard is and how awesome your neighborhood is.

My wife's originally from South Lake. Back when we first started dating in the late 90's and early 2000's, I'd have to imagine land in Prosper was probably relatively cheap. Last time I was up your direction, it seems that everything up and down 380 is growing. Are there still acreages up in your way?

On the return fitting question, I'm thinking that they could either be threaded or slip. Mine are slip and I'm not sure you will know what the PB is going to use unless you ask him/her. I would have preferred threaded because it's easier to get the fitting on/off. With slip they are hard to get off if in tight without a tool that goes inside and presses outward to grip the inside, then twists.

My wife's originally from South Lake. Back when we first started dating in the late 90's and early 2000's, I'd have to imagine land in Prosper was probably relatively cheap. Last time I was up your direction, it seems that everything up and down 380 is growing. Are there still acreages up in your way?

There is still land in prosper but the price is a little high because developers are buying it up to build neighborhoods. If you venture out a little bit, its not too bad to get land. In 5-10 years we'll probably push farther north and get some land.

I noticed your drone in the time-lapse... looks like DJI phantom 3 or phantom 4? I have a phantom 3 advanced and I think I've used it more while planning a pool then I have the whole 2 years that I've owned it. I'm surprised the pool companies don't use them to aid in the planning stage. I felt confident in the design when I used a drone shot and MS Paint to map things out. The 3d rendering are helpful but its still not technically the yard you're used to seeing everyday.

There is still land in prosper but the price is a little high because developers are buying it up to build neighborhoods. If you venture out a little bit, its not too bad to get land. In 5-10 years we'll probably push farther north and get some land.

I noticed your drone in the time-lapse... looks like DJI phantom 3 or phantom 4? I have a phantom 3 advanced and I think I've used it more while planning a pool then I have the whole 2 years that I've owned it. I'm surprised the pool companies don't use them to aid in the planning stage. I felt confident in the design when I used a drone shot and MS Paint to map things out. The 3d rendering are helpful but its still not technically the yard you're used to seeing everyday.

I am currently using a Phantom 3 4K. Great little drone really. I am very impressed with the software aspect of it. My PB mentioned that they have been looking into getting a drone, to do just as you say, help out with the design and planning stage.

My in-laws are now north of Denton - they have 7 acres out that way. It's still quite up that way, but I don't think it will be for much longer.

Unfortunately, due to the 5 days of rain, not a whole heck of a lot has happened. They did come over yesterday to clean up a little, grade around the pool some, and remove the form around the pool. We don't have the next set of dates just yet since the PB is a little backed up. I do know tile and coping is next, followed by the decking, then finally the Wet Edge. I am a little anxious on the decking because part of it is an 8'x12' pad for our pool shed. The shed people will not be starting on the shed itself till the pad is laid down and they can check it. Without the shed, we won't have final installs of electrical. Lots of inter related steps here. I was hoping we would have water by Labor Day. Might be close.

ab518e3c7fa56eb3c6a94fc6a5feea1e.jpg

05ba5472758b1fbe77164df0eec5b846.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am so torn on what color Wet Edge to get. Right now, we have selected Northshore Tahoe. I really want a black bottom pool. But it's a no go for the wife. I know we are not deep enough for nice deep blue, but I want as dark a blue as possible. That's why we ended up where we are. Ugh... more reasons why I just want to get the plaster stage. Once it's sprayed down, I can't research it anymore. :)

I am so torn on what color Wet Edge to get. Right now, we have selected Northshore Tahoe. I really want a black bottom pool. But it's a no go for the wife. I know we are not deep enough for nice deep blue, but I want as dark a blue as possible. That's why we ended up where we are. Ugh... more reasons why I just want to get the plaster stage. Once it's sprayed down, I can't research it anymore. :)

Lol
I think everyone who built a pool can relate to your statement about the finishing stages. Hang in there it will all he over before you know it
Everything looks amazing

I stressed so much about our plaster finish. I wanted as dark blue as possible. Even considered black. We did CrystalStones Majestic Isle and love it but it was a nail bitter all the way up to the actual plaster day.

We are getting Northshore Tahoe too. We went and looked at three different pools with different finishes and we really liked this one. Our top choice was Antigua, but it was an upgrade color and Northshore Tahoe looks almost exactly the same with water in the pool.

We are getting Northshore Tahoe too. We went and looked at three different pools with different finishes and we really liked this one. Our top choice was Antigua, but it was an upgrade color and Northshore Tahoe looks almost exactly the same with water in the pool.

That's funny. We have the same choices. I am not sure if it's an upgrade but we ended up liking the Northshore Tahoe a little better, I think.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.