It's going down for real....

Stub out was done today. Hard to see everything though since the returns are covered up with the plastic tarps.

bda54b48b04bb64047a220877cd8e87b.jpg

One of the two skimmers
49fac15a65fd856496f6b7ef96021488.jpg

Pentair LED bubblers
a1fbccbe50148afa32ebed2d94c7c3bf.jpg

We got lucky today and it did not rain here at the house. Gunite folks are coming in at 7AM. If it doesn't rain tonight it should be on tomorrow.

Gunite team got here bright and early, about 6:20AM. Good thing we are early risers and I don't have neighbors close to me. :)

I observed that one guy got to deal with the light fixture. The lid for it is a pain in the butt, they are hard to get on, and the rebar for the light can was JUST a little too small. Poor guy has been struggling with it by himself for like an hour.

Pictures to come...

Gunite day is SO exciting! It really looks like a pool after that. I wish things didn't slow down once this step is done, because your excitement level ramps up right as the job progress slows down. It's an evil plot twist :p

Cliff is right. It now looks bigger! When we first measured it, I worried it would be too small. Then when they set the lines for excavation, I thought I should have gone bigger. While I wouldn't have complained about even bigger, it is larger than I imagined.

Just a few more pictures of the completed product.

6846abe23575da0c4ef7a87dcf8c7627.jpg

38f208e57ed964c61b329cee1531a7a1.jpg

1b5854c2ce881c62c27fc89261bf960b.jpg

84c6870707c0e86acbdece0e0577d718.jpg

We had to make a change on the fly. The last step was supposed to go all the way around. But we all decided it's best to not do it so it would not interfere with the light and gives us a little more swim space.

What an interesting sequence of pictures and information! Thanks for your meticulous attention to detail, and very cool drone photos. We have a 24 x 40 pool and people often comment on the size, but I think it is just right. Keep as detailed and meticulous with your water chemistry a la TFP as you have with your build documentation and you will have many happy days of enjoyment with your pool. Many blessings!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I keep having to remind myself that this is a custom hand made product and as such, it would not be "perfect". You know perfectly flat floors etc etc.

I am going to start practicing how to test with the test kit this weekend. I am also going to subscribe to the iOS app to help track everything.

I have a question: I recall seeing a picture or someone filling their pool with a large whole house type filter attached to the end of the garden hose. I was thinking of maybe doing the same with a sediment filter to filter out sand and what not. Thoughts? Too much paranoia? Haha

Hi Shingles,
nice pool you have going on there.

Some people may use a filter to fill the pool primarily to remove any iron or calcium.
Lots of water wells are high in iron and depending on where you live, the tap water may be high in calcium.
Depending on your tap water test will give you an idea of you need to filter your fill water.

As for sediment, I wouldnt worry much about filtering that. There is gonna be so much dirt get in the water before the project is finished, any sediment from the fill water will be a drop in the bucket. Its easy to vacuum out tho.

I have a question: I recall seeing a picture or someone filling their pool with a large whole house type filter attached to the end of the garden hose. I was thinking of maybe doing the same with a sediment filter to filter out sand and what not. Thoughts? Too much paranoia? Haha

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. The returns are threaded. Just unscrew the eyeball fitting and screw in the aerator.

Question: do return lines normally get finished off with a threaded fitting? I want to make sure I can screw on some aerators.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.