hose pops off filter

ericjw

Jul 15, 2009
every time I run my filter the hoses keep popping off. I have used 2 hose clamps on each connection and now have even tried to wrap the connectors with thread tape. nothing's working. Help, anyone

ericjw said:
every time I run my filter the hoses keep popping off. I have used 2 hose clamps on each connection and now have even tried to wrap the connectors with thread tape. nothing's working. Help, anyone
what kind of pool and equipment do you have...that would help to answer the question. Pictures would help too if you have any of the hose and the connection. My first guess would be that you are not tightening the clamps down tight enough...They must be very tight...Under pressure even slightly loose the clamps would blow off...happened to me when I opened pool this spring...I went out to check on pump and I was blowing water in my yard from the filter...They gotta be tight. The other thing could be that because of extreme heat the hose may expand and come off if the clamps are not tight enough...but just guesses...Get radiator type hose clamps that are made for car engines...tighten the screw down as tight as you can get it. Should stay on after that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.