Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Just getting started in Frisco, TX

1. Back To Top    #81

Re: Just getting started in Frisco, TX

Here's the line. BTW, I planted that Magnolia in the right corner. Words of warning for those of us in North Texas.

20171018_094621.jpg
    Just Getting Started Frisco TX 26' X 20' Free Form IG SWCG, 15k Gallons, 8.5' X 3.5' X 3.5' Grotto, Swim Up Table w/ Palapa, 400k BTU Natural Gas Pool & Spa Heater

2. Back To Top    #82

I have such a sad for you Many adult words and beers as well!

Kim(NO cheering on this one!)
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #83

Good thing they went easy with that back hoe and didn't cut that line.
    Build Underway as of 9/12/17. 40 x 24 free form w/spa. 550 sf cabana with bathroom, storage, outdoor kitchen & fireplace. All Jandy equipment. PDA8 and Aqualink.

4. Back To Top    #84

I talked with the guy that was marking my lines. He told me they don't actually look for anything just mark where the original plan says it is supposed to be. My big thing was an unknown septic main line location. I paid $600 to have it scoped out and marked exactly and it turned out it was not in the way. Had it been it would have been $5k-$10k to relocate it. I feel for you I hope it isn't too much!
    29k Gallon Free Form Gunite Pool, Deep heat floor returns, 2 skimmers, 2 returns, JXI400N Gas Heater, CV340 Cartridge Filter, FusionSoft SWG, WATERCOLORS LED RGBW, iAqualink with PDA, 36" Shelf Waterfall, Rock Waterfall, 9' Deep End w/Diving Board, SunDeck - Pool Build - 2017 - Google Photos

5. Back To Top    #85

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    I have such a sad for you Many adult words and beers as well!

Kim(NO cheering on this one!)
    LOL. Thanks Kim. I had many martinis last night staring into my pit of terror.

Since I'm stuck until after Halloween, I might buy some skeletons and put them into the pit. I can recreate the pool scene from Poltergeist!

74b8e82d8afa29a100e411ab808125d8--cult-movies-horror-movies.jpg

Afterwards, I'm tempted to bury them as it would freak the PB out once they start digging again . That might be a little too evil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boomersooner View Post
    Good thing they went easy with that back hoe and didn't cut that line.
    You say that....but then it would be an emergency fix and would be done asap. Now it's dealing with the bureaucracy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGate View Post
    I talked with the guy that was marking my lines. He told me they don't actually look for anything just mark where the original plan says it is supposed to be. My big thing was an unknown septic main line location. I paid $600 to have it scoped out and marked exactly and it turned out it was not in the way. Had it been it would have been $5k-$10k to relocate it. I feel for you I hope it isn't too much!
    Youch!! I'm being told to expect $3k. Fingers crossed!!
    Just Getting Started Frisco TX 26' X 20' Free Form IG SWCG, 15k Gallons, 8.5' X 3.5' X 3.5' Grotto, Swim Up Table w/ Palapa, 400k BTU Natural Gas Pool & Spa Heater

6. Back To Top    #86

Quote Originally Posted by Shuck Water View Post
    You say that....but then it would be an emergency fix and would be done asap. Now it's dealing with the bureaucracy.
    No - they would have just patched it. And you would probably have to pay for the patch.
    29k Gallon Free Form Gunite Pool, Deep heat floor returns, 2 skimmers, 2 returns, JXI400N Gas Heater, CV340 Cartridge Filter, FusionSoft SWG, WATERCOLORS LED RGBW, iAqualink with PDA, 36" Shelf Waterfall, Rock Waterfall, 9' Deep End w/Diving Board, SunDeck - Pool Build - 2017 - Google Photos

7. Back To Top    #87

Got a little rain this weekend. Paying for a pool and ending up with a pond.

rsz_12017-10-22_130604.jpg

8. Back To Top    #88

Not sure even bleach could fix that water ewwwwwwwww LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #89

Just got the estimate. Price to relocate line is $1,600. Irritating, but who cares and let's get this party started. Tried to pay over the phone but they only take check....guess I know where I'll be at 8:00 tomorrow morning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Not sure even bleach could fix that water ewwwwwwwww LOL

Kim
    Truth be told, we are a hot bed for west nile, so I may be attempting to drain myself next weekend.

10. Back To Top    #90

ONLY take checks?? Oh wait.......I bet if you offered to pay the 3% fee the Credit Cards charge they will let you pay over the phone. That is what they do down here. At least it is not as much as some of us thought!

Kim

11. Back To Top    #91

Paid my pound of flesh and got the permit. Scheduled to relocate the line next week. Then have to wait to remove the "HOLD" that the utility company placed on the project.

12. Back To Top    #92

Since the swim season is over the pain is dramatically reduced I assume? I would guess the water temp should be low enough to keep the mosquito out?
    Blessings, Paul
    12K, StoneScapes Midnight Blue Mini Pebble w/abalone (July 2017 - executed bi-carb startup Refurb - Sachse, Tx), 3 shear descents on raised Austin stone beam, 2 sprayers, 2 skimmers, 4 returns, 2HP pump, STA-Rite S7M120 cartridge filter, 1.5HP Pump for Polaris 280, Circupool RJ 45+, TF-2006, K-1766, & SpeedStir.

13. Back To Top    #93

Quote Originally Posted by peirek View Post
    Since the swim season is over the pain is dramatically reduced I assume? I would guess the water temp should be low enough to keep the mosquito out?
    Swimming season may be over, but Spa season is just beginning!! I drained the swamp anyways. Don't want to give the utility company an excuse to delay their work.

14. Back To Top    #94

Smart move on draining. You don't know what excuse they will use if possible.

Kim

15. Back To Top    #95

Power line has been relocated and PB has been released to start. We are scheduled for Monday to finish the dig! WOOHOO!

16. Back To Top    #96

GREEN light to dig!!!

Kim

17. Back To Top    #97

And we are finally back on track!!
    rsz_2017-11-14_071917.jpg

18. Back To Top    #98

Let the MUD begin!!!

Kim

19. Back To Top    #99

Dig is done. Soil injections are done. They hit it with a thin layer of gunite in case it rains.

dig done.jpg

20. Back To Top    #100

NICE! I am glad they "flashed" it to be on the safe side. Better safe than sorry!

When will they be out to do the steel? or what is next?

Kim

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast