Just getting started in Frisco, TX

In two weeks you'll be in that hot tub, gotta wait for the junk to get out of the water for two weeks, or else you could have heater problems.

Looks fantastic.

Make sure to check the chemicals daily, our pool company person who was responsible only came out a couple of times. The Ph was very high. Once I saw the Ph I immediately started managing the chemicals.

Been happy ever since :)

PB said I really should wait 4 weeks for the plaster to cure before heating it. However, he did say that I could raise the temp to 88 degrees and be ok as this is the typical temp of the water during the summer. But I agree on waiting at least a couple of weeks before doing anything. It's killing me though!

Luckily the PB is handling chemicals until the end of this week before I take over. I've been monitoring as well and we're holding around 7.6 on the Ph. So far so good!

- - - Updated - - -

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! Oh so pretty!!!!

I REALLY like how the water comes off the top rock! How does it sound?

Kim:kim:

Sound is louder than I thought, but truth be told I love it. You feel like you're in the Caribbean! Ready for spring!

The only time I can get a non blurred pic of the dane right now is when he is laying down which is not very often! He's 7 months and still growing.

View attachment 72270

The dog run was really dark at night so I installed some solar motion LED's. Lights it up pretty well!

View attachment 72271

Really hoping for plaster tomorrow.

Your pool is fantastic but the dog is beautiful!
Roxy and I are just chilling this morning

IMG_4128.jpg

I notice that you have a waterfall, but haven't mentioned much about it. I'm replacing a failed water feature and am strongly leaning toward a prefab. They look pretty good in the pics, and appear to be a good diy project.
Do you know the mfg and model? Is it something you'd recommend?
Thanks!

I notice that you have a waterfall, but haven't mentioned much about it. I'm replacing a failed water feature and am strongly leaning toward a prefab. They look pretty good in the pics, and appear to be a good diy project.
Do you know the mfg and model? Is it something you'd recommend?
Thanks!

Waterfall is awesome. Kids love jumping off the ledge rock. It's not a prefab kit. Bunch of guys showed up with a stack of rocks, a saw and couple of hammers and chisels and mortared the whole thing together.

The only time I can get a non blurred pic of the dane right now is when he is laying down which is not very often! He's 7 months and still growing.

View attachment 72270

The dog run was really dark at night so I installed some solar motion LED's. Lights it up pretty well!

View attachment 72271

Really hoping for plaster tomorrow.

The pool looks great, but please tell me who did your dog run? Is that turf I am looking at? I am going to be looking at installing a dog run at my place for my GSDs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow that looks great! That’s going to be an amazing place to hang out with the family this summer!

18x36 vinyl liner , Hayward Sand Filter, Maxflo VS pump, Hayward VS Omni automation, Rheem 115k Heat pump, Colorlogic LED. Dolphin 400 robot. Build date: Spring 2018.

There is a lot going on in that pool, but it sure comes together well. Congrats!

So met with PB1 yesterday afternoon and went through his presentation. He provided EVERYTHING we asked for. Grotto, slide, table, etc. At first glance it looked very impressive. However, here's where we started to go off the rails.

-Almost $9k higher than PB2
-Like you see, my backyard is on the smaller side, so by adding a slide it reduces the width of the pool to 14.5'!!! PB2 has a width of 20' without a slide.
-Hot tub on the opposite side of what I told him in first meeting. Not a big issue, but still take notes.
-Grotto is much smaller than PB2 in order to accommodate slide.
-I said salt, but presented chlorine. Salt is a must for the wife and kids.....add another $1,600
-Robot can't get into all areas of the pool which means scrubbing on my end OR adding the pop-up cleaning ports....add another $6,000 (included in PB2's pricing)
-Concrete pavers in PB1 quote vs travertine pavers in PB2 quote. Travertine just looks better. Unknown cost to change to travertine.
-Pushed the UV lamp...told him no, but saves maybe $400

In the end PB1 is going to be a solid $15k+ higher. Eliminating the slide would save about $4k, but that's it. I'll post PB1's renderings and equipment list when he e-mails it to me. I'm really not trying to bash PB1, he's a nice enough guy, but when I left their office yesterday I couldn't tell if I was buying a pool or a Buick....

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty cool stuff. AA Manufacturing

Robot won't be able to clean all the nooks and crannies, so these are basically pop up jets to keep the flat surfaces clean (bench around the palapa and grotto and tanning ledge). Otherwise I'll be doing a fair amount of scrubbing.

Definitely not natura system, basically picks up the slack once pool temp drops below 50-60 degrees and the salt can't produce chlorine.

Thanks though! We're excited.

We had a similar choice to make between 4 bids. We went with the builder who listened carefully to what we wanted and gave us a solid first impression. We paid more for the better listener PB but have faith in the end that it will be worth th extra few K. Good luck with your decision!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.