Just getting started in Frisco, TX

The guys came out and jack hammered the rest of the concrete out from the patio cover. I think it took them longer than expected and boy was it LOUD!!

rsz_2017-11-16_155506.jpg

rsz_2017-11-17_071501.jpg

Pool equipment was also put in.
rsz_2017-11-17_072335.jpg

Plumbing going in right now. I'm having trouble getting work done as I keep looking at my camera feed from home.

Ready for your homework? Go out with your pool plans and a tape measure. Add about 6" for gunite and plaster. Is it wide, deep, long, etc enough. Know that some PB do not put in steel for the steps and such. They will do that with the gunite. Each one does it how they know and have always done it.

Kim:kim:

Just got back from a vacation in Belize and surprise we have gunite!!!

rsz_2017-11-29_135129.jpg

rsz_2017-11-29_135037.jpg

rsz_2017-11-29_135413.jpg

Actually really wasn't that surprised. I was sitting on the beach with a Rum Runner in one hand and my iPad (Ring app open) in the other. Family started getting irritated because I was too focused on the PB.

- - - Updated - - -

Ready for your homework? Go out with your pool plans and a tape measure. Add about 6" for gunite and plaster. Is it wide, deep, long, etc enough. Know that some PB do not put in steel for the steps and such. They will do that with the gunite. Each one does it how they know and have always done it.

Yes ma'am! Did it before I left on my trip. Actually it's a little deeper (maybe a couple of inches) than what I thought which I like.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
For that you get this:

Your own set of links!!!!!!

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

PoolMath

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

I hope you had fun on your trip! LOL on watching them work on your pool while sitting on the beach! I don't blame you! At least you did not stay home!

Oh and ask your PB what test kit he is going to give you. Let me know so I can fill in any wholes.

Man oh man! I wish I could have been there to watch them build that waterfall/grotto! Artist to the max! Have you jumped up and down on it to make sure it is solid??

It was amazing to watch them. They got the stones off the truck with only a 2 X 12 to use as leverage, 4 guys, and no equipment.

I did see one of the guys on top walking around, but at 6'2" and 240lbs, I don't think I'm going to jump on anything to sure it's solid!

Thanks everyone! I am so ready for the mud to be over. My dogs are just killing me. I've got a synthetic grass guy ready to go, but I need the PB to finish the sprinklers and dirt work. When I ask for dates for when things will be completed, the response I get is "in the next few weeks".

When he comes looking for his check tell him it will be in the mail in the next few weeks.

As a Project Manager, these types of responses raise the hair on my neck and get my heart pounding just a little harder. Breath Paul breath..................

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.