Just getting started in Frisco, TX

Are you giving the hot tub away? You don't want to make it a part of your new area?

I bet that play set was HARD to move! Did it go to a good home with kids to enjoy it again?

Kim:kim:

I would give it away if I could :) Tub is falling apart. I bought one of those POS recdirect tubs almost 4 years ago and it's been a nonstop maintenance PIA. One pump currently isn't working (replaced the other pump a year ago). Lights are dead. It leaks and a half dozen jets are broken. I'm just going have one of those junk haulers take it.

Playset was a beast! However, it went to my son's best friend and the kids get to enjoy it for years to come!

They just had a spa and hot tube sell at our fairgrounds. My first thought was warranty work...who does it???

Glad the playset get to stay close! Bet there were some adult words and drinks flying around when you worked on getting it moved.

Met the designer and project manager yesterday to go over the final plans. Boy those guys have got dirt on other PB's (I'm sure other PB's have dirt on them). Such a crazy business.

Dig date scheduled for 10/17!!! Woohooo!!

Met the designer and project manager yesterday to go over the final plans. Boy those guys have got dirt on other PB's (I'm sure other PB's have dirt on them). Such a crazy business.

Dig date scheduled for 10/17!!! Woohooo!!

Congrats on the dig date and looks like a great design!

On the PBs slamming each other, that really rubbed me the wrong way when I got my bids. Had a couple of them who basically that was their whole shtick, like they were the only ones around who knew how to build a pool and everyone else was garbage and if I went with anyone but them, it was at my own peril and would cost me. Even showed me pics of jacked up coping and cracked pools, etc., probably just pulled off the net. The ones who didn't slam others really had no reason to and those were the ones I considered and ultimately chose among. Did my own research anyway with friends or acquaintances who had used the PBs before.

That would rub me the wrong way too. This wasn't regarding other PB's work, more like if you are building a home and the home builder gives you a recommendation for a PB. Chances are the HB is getting a big kick back and that cost is passed on to the consumer. To me I was surprised on the size of the cost of the "referral" and that some PB's do it. So, maybe dirt was too was too strong of a word. With so many homes popping up here in north Texas, I think folks should cast suspicion on recommendations from HBs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The backyard is officially empty. It was interesting watching the folks haul off the hot tub. Ready for the dig tomorrow!

Comparison.jpg

I installed a ring camera to be able to watch the construction progress from work. The problem is that I'll just be watching my camera all day for the next 8-10 weeks.

rsz_backyard_3.jpg

How did they end up getting that hot tub out? Remove a fence panel?

I took off a section the day before. However, the guys were amateurs and nearly took out the rest of my fence. Oh well it's gone.

- - - Updated - - -

It is TOMORROW!!! Are they there yet????????

Not yet. They said it was going to be in the afternoon. Worst part is that the internet is currently down at the house which means my camera is offline and I can't watch them!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Annnnnd just like that we have a problem............

IMG_7950.jpg

The idiots at Coserv thought it would be cute to run a main power line for the neighborhood directly through the middle of my backyard. Of course, none of this shows up a survey or title report. So we are stopped until the line can be rerouted. Told it could be up to a month. Great.

Annnnnd just like that we have a problem............

View attachment 70059

The idiots at Coserv thought it would be cute to run a main power line for the neighborhood directly through the middle of my backyard. Of course, none of this shows up a survey or title report. So we are stopped until the line can be rerouted. Told it could be up to a month. Great.

At least it was found.

I heard once that a inground fiberglass pool was put in above a major power line that was about 20 foot below surface so the builders didn't know it. People were getting shocked getting in and out even though it was bonded. I don't know what happened from that, but I'm sure it was an expensive mistake as it wasn't found until months after completion that it was the cause.

Correction, it's the power line to my house, not the main to the transformer. Spoke to the Co-op and they said that builder pays for the shortest route. If it cuts across the yard then so be it. That just seems so dangerous! I mean you could hit if you wanted to plant a tree in your yard. They need to show this stuff on residential surveys.

What's annoying is that they DID do a utility location....twice, but never went into my back yard. If I had know this was a problem, I could have been working on it while the PB was getting their permit.

I should have the estimate in a day or two, but my guess is that this ain't going to be cheap!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.