Question on daily FC testing

Jul 12, 2009
Rhode Island
Once my pool is balanced and crystal clear, what is the process for daily chlorine testing?

I'm assuming everyone isn't doing the FAS-DPD test every single day or you would blast through the powder in no time. I have the TF100 test kit. Do I just use the K1000 kit that has the two cylinders to test TC and pH daily?

yep, if it's yellow to deep yellow you are good. if it's pale yellow to colorless you need chlorine or have a problem, break out the big kit. If it's orange to brown (and you are not shocking) your chlorine too high and you have a problem, break out the big kit!
Test with the big kit weekly.
In the beginning, until you really get to know your pool and how much chlorine it normally consumes you might want to double check the small TC test with the FAS-DPD test. This way you will also see what shade of yellow corresponds to your normal target chlorine level.

cpjolicoeur said:
reebok said:
I hope you're not using the paddle end of the blue spoon to scoop out powder...?

um... gulp. yes I am. I'm using the wider paddle end. I take it I'm supposed to use the smaller circular end by your comment??
:lol: Don't worry, I'm laughing with you...several on here have admitted to that mistake. :lol:

:cheers:
Dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.