Just Started changeover from Baquacil

Jul 31, 2017
Ringgold Ga
Hi Everyone!

I just started my changeover from baquacil last night. I dumped 4 gal of liquid chlorine into my 25000 gallon inground pool. My pH jumped up to 8.4 this morning. Do I need to deal with that before adding more chlorine? Or just continue with the protocol as outlined?

Levels of Chlorine were low this morning, as expected. If the water is clear is that a good sign? Levels of Baquacil were low when I began this process.

I'm new to this, but have not been happy with bacquacil this summer. I'm afraid to ask my pool store these questions--they already think I"m a nut ;).

First things first.......WELCOME TO TFP!!! Promise ya this one thing, only way we’ll think you’re a nut is if you go back to the Pool store! Ask away please!! We enjoy helping users learn.

Before really jumping into the question, what test kit are you using? Unless you’re using a FAS/DPD Kit you’ll likely run into issues trying to accurately test as many Kits don’t measure up to the 15ppm FC needed. You can ignore your pH for now as it’s a false high when your chlorine level is above 15 anyways. We’ll deal with that once your chlorine level drops.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.