Going on vacation & not sure what I should do !

Apr 28, 2009
Hillsdale, Mi.
Hi All,
I am going on vacation tomorrow and won't be back until Sunday. I am not sure what I should do for my pool so it doesnt go back to green and really cloudy by the time I get back. Right now it is almost clear, I can see my feet but cant really make out my toes:)

I have not been able to order a good testing kit but planning on it next week so in the meantime I have the strips and a dropper that tests Ch & Ph, these are my results from this evening.

TH 250
TC 3
FC 1-3
PH 7.6 -7.8
TA 80-120
CYA 30-50

My plan was to dump a couple gallons of 12.5% bleach in the pool tomorrow morning before I go to work and run the pump, come home around 1:00 shut off pump and add 2 maybe 3 of the 3" disk to a floater and pray for the best???

Any help would be great !!
Thanks,
Mindy

If you have time after you get home in the afternoon, that's when to put the bleach in; otherwise you're losing a bunch of FC before you even leave.

If you have a cover that would be best, and two pucks would probably be enough. With no cover I always needed 3.
--paulr

Ok I will add the bleach before I leave instead, do you think 2 gallons will be ok? I will also add 3 pucks to the floater.
Our cover is brand new in a box in the attic of the garage and I know we wont have time before we have to leave to get it down and figure out how to put it on :hammer:
Thanks for your help :party:
Mindy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.