Adding bleach with an infloor cleaner

Grape Ape

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 12, 2009
Seattle, WA
My wife and I have moved in with her recently widdowed mother who was never really involved in the pool maintanence and the CYA is probalby higher than my current test kit can measure (it reads 110, new kit on order) so I am anxious to get off the pucks fast.

Pool school says to slowly pour the bleach in front of a return which for most pools seems be always on, but in my pool the distributor (or wahtever its called) actuates each retun in turn for a minute or so. Am I supposed to wait for it to come on again, just pour it there any way or just slowly pour it as I walk around the perimiter? Maybe in the deep end over a return and next to the main drain? Or can I just slowly pour it in or near the (empty) skimmer?

I only intend to add bleach first thing in the morning or pretty late at night. So there is no chance that anyone will swim for several hours if that matters.

PS: I tried searching, but all my terms came back as too common.

there is a google search in the very bottom left of every page that usually works better.
if you ordered the tf100, it only goes to 100 on cya. so if you know you're at 110+ I would start draining now.
you can walk around the perimeter or pour it in the skimmer, whatever works. just make sure the pump is on. you're saying your return jets are turned on and off? weird.

WIth an in-floor cleaning system, you want the floor jets closest to where you are pouring to be on while you are pouring. You can either wait for the jets where you are to come on, or move to where the active jets currently are.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.