Can"t find bonding wire!!

There are no copper rods in a proper bonding loop. Your bonding grid should not be connected to your equipment grounding wire.

For your light neich is the conduit metal conduit or PVC. If it is metal the conduit is the bonding jumper to the light.

can you clarify?

You can't find it, but you are pulling a new one??

or you are replacing it since you cannot find it?

Either way, yes Bond wires DO NOT connect to ground...unless you live in Canada.
Their code is different though and it should be separate.

I found the existing wire, I can't find anyplace that sells the replacement wire!! The existing wire is #8 gauge solid copper green insulated. It got severed so I need to replace the wire with new from the light niche to the junction box. I need help finding a new #8 gauge solid copper insulated. I cannot find anyplace that sells this wire. I am looking for suggestions where I might it and purchase about 100'

Bonding wire is not usually insulated.

My setup was different in that it came out of the concrete at the pad.

And the pool light wiring was in separate conduit.

Not sure if it has to have a sheath if its in conduit to meet code...someone else who knows
would better be to respond on that.

Lowe's or home depot does not offer it by the foot?

Southwire 500 ft. 8 Green Solid CU TW Wire-14118403 - The Home Depot

It's a 500 foot spool but it's what you are looking for. You have it right the one and only place a bonding wire is insulated is in a non metallic conduit serving a pool light. A local electrical supply house should have it to sell by the foot so you don't need an entire spool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.