Compu Pool SWG

I'm having one installed and my pool builder told me that it is one of the lower cost ones that they can get, but that it works just as well, if not better than the Pentair and Hayward systems. However, the warranty is for only 3 years, whereas the others are 5 I think. The first two years are 100%, then the 3rd year is a percentage. It also does not have a digital readout of salt level. I was able to talk to a technician in their USA office here in Florida, so I know I can at least talk to a person despite their being an Australian company.

Interestingly, I saw one on display for sale at my local Ace Hardware store. Not sure if that is a good sign or not. :)

I bought what appears to be the exact same unit from Woot last May, only it was re-branded as the Circupool RJ45. It installed as promised, seems well built and works just fine. I use the default control by paralleling it with my filter timer, but it does have the ability for programming independently. It has a sufficiently accurate built in salt analyzer; will reverse cell plate polarity to extend life; water temperature correction; and...I'm not sure what else you need...SWG's seem pretty straightforward. They also offer a pretty decent warranty (up to seven years for certain parts).

Since I've bought this they've come out with a newer unit (of course!), but looking it over seems to be the same device only in a prettier new case. These guys run out of Texas, and seemed helpful and responsive to the onslaught of Wooters needing help with their purchases. Here's the link, which also posts the owners manual.

http://www.circupool.com/index.php

Good luck.

Strannik said:
it's not like you cannot talk to a person in Australia.

Sure, you can. But they talk funny.

Strannik said:
despite what a lot of people think, Australia is not just kangaroos, we have humans too :mrgreen:

But the kangaroos outnumber you 200 to 1.

Just kidding of course. Didn't mean to offend. I work with some great guys out of the University of Queensland. I just meant the guys here in Florida are on my time zone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.