Tarheel pool

TarheelPool

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2007
Burlington, NC
I'm almost hesitant to post my pool pic considering all the really fabulous pools I've seen here. But hey, it's our oasis and we're excited. It was built at the end of last season so we haven't been able to get in yet, still too cold.

43.jpg

Very nice! At first I thought the sun above the diving board was a big spider! :shock:

Don't feel bad about your pool, it is quite lovely. When (if) we get on this year it will be of the blue donut or metal frame variety, but you get just as wet in those as in all the fancier ones.

FWIW, I would consider yours a fancy one! It is in the ground, with a pretty fence, and a lovely view of the woods!

Thanks Grace and good luck with getting your pool. Also, thanks for the great job as a moderator here. You guys put in alot of time and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Tarheel

PS. We get alot of critters out in the country but thankfully the spiders don't grow that large, even in NC!

Tarheel,

Absolutely fabulous pool yourself. A necessary evil of a fence to keep people out but what a great job you did. I love the cleanliness. Sure you can't wait until all of the underwater toys are in the pool with tons of noodles floating and kids splashing around. Bring on the warm weather. :thumbs up:

Tarheel,

Looks great! I know I'm dieing to get back into our remodeled pool...I can imagine how your feeling!!

What part of NC? I grew up in Chapel Hill...I spend almost ever day of every summer in our neighborhood pool, it was awesome! But it's even better having our own pools now that we're big kids :)

divnkd101 - Thanks, we are definitely looking forward to the warm weather and getting in the pool for the first time. I kept up with your (and SeanB's) build on PF as they progressed so I'm sure you're looking forward to a fun-filled swim season as well.

uwimage - I just checked out your remodel and it looks great. I also like the stone wall that you have around the planting bed on the patio. Looks like a great backyard environment and I'm sure you're ready to get back in now that the work is done. I'm originally from Pleasant Garden, NC (outside Greensboro) but have lived down the road in Burlington for about 15 years now. I bleed Carolina blue so I know a little about Chapel Hill from all the times spent down there watching the Heels play.

rogerbrks,

Thanks and yes, those are white landscaping rocks in the 3 ft. apron between the deck and pool. My back still feels the pain of hauling every one of them in by wheelbarrow! The ground slopes off from the deck so I had to backfill with topsoil, put in landscaping fabric and then layer the rock on top. My wife wanted the option of planting some pool-friendly plants in the future and that's why we didn't put the fence tight against the deck. The fence is a 6 ft. shadowbox.

Tarheelpool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I believe the seat is called a "buddy seat". We have somthing simlar called a 6' double lounge by triac. It is jetted with air and water. They have some cool things if anybody is intrested at www.triac.com. I would tell you more about it but I have not used it yet. Pool went in October-November last season

kimrst

The seat is indeed called a buddy seat. Our pool is a Foxx pool and this is their branded version although, as Haybird points out, there are similiar seats by other manufacturers. We too had our pool installed at the end of last season so we haven't been able to test it out yet. My wife saw the buddy seat on one of our friends' pool and decided she had to have it.

Tarheelpool

TarheelPool said:
MaryLee,

Thanks! Are your pool pics posted here? I didn't see them in this forum. I would love to see pictures of your pool.

Tarheelpool

Tarheelpool,

I haven't been able to find a picture of my pool that doesn't have a million kids in it!! :roll:

As soon as I open it up (May10th), and get the water chemistry is straightened out, I get a pic and post it :)

BTW, I love Chapel Hill!! I visitied there often while my sister & brother-in-law were in med school at UNC. It's a beautiful area!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.