Need Help Choosing "Ball Valves"??

Jul 2, 2009
Southern Virginia
So here's my situation...

Everytime I want to empty my pump basket I have to plug my intake and output, close my filter and it is just so the water doesn't flow out all over the place. My old set-up, before the sand filter, had ball valves so it was super easy to just shut off the intake water and output water and close the filter. Easy as pie! I want to install 2 new ball valves so that it makes life easier. I was going to hard plumb everything, but our equipment is in a very high-traffic area and there is nowhere else to move it without digging holes and having the city come out and mark all the utilities in our backyard and I just don't want to have to deal with all that! Plus we are about to put in permanent electricity and that is the perfect spot for it with our new deck.

Anyway, just need some suggestions! I do best with pictures if at all possible! Thanks bunches!!

You can get them at box stores (Lowes, HD), or hardware stores. You would want threaded ones to add an adapter for hose connections.

Attachments

• pvc-ball-valve-fips.jpg
    pvc-ball-valve-fips.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 100
  • plumbing_barbed_fitting.gif
    plumbing_barbed_fitting.gif
    16.9 KB · Views: 97
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.