Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need Help Choosing "Ball Valves"??

1. Back To Top    #1

Need Help Choosing "Ball Valves"??

So here's my situation...

Everytime I want to empty my pump basket I have to plug my intake and output, close my filter and it is just so the water doesn't flow out all over the place. My old set-up, before the sand filter, had ball valves so it was super easy to just shut off the intake water and output water and close the filter. Easy as pie! I want to install 2 new ball valves so that it makes life easier. I was going to hard plumb everything, but our equipment is in a very high-traffic area and there is nowhere else to move it without digging holes and having the city come out and mark all the utilities in our backyard and I just don't want to have to deal with all that! Plus we are about to put in permanent electricity and that is the perfect spot for it with our new deck.

Anyway, just need some suggestions! I do best with pictures if at all possible! Thanks bunches!!
    15' RND 48" AGP 5,300 GAL
    16" Sparco Sand filter,I got a new pump in 2010, but not sure what it is
    Successful Convert to BBB and lovin it!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need Help Choosing "Ball Valves"??

You can get them at box stores (Lowes, HD), or hardware stores. You would want threaded ones to add an adapter for hose connections.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/