Have A Couple of Questions

LeeLee

Jun 26, 2009
LaGrange, Ga
Pool owner for four years and have been “pool-stored” for most of those 4. After getting sold stuff in June I didn’t need I found this website and ordered the TF100 test kit. I love this website and the test kit is great. Won’t get “pool-stored” anymore! Anyway, have several questions but will ask just two for this time.

1) My CYA is 130 because of puck and dichlor usage which has now stopped. I know I need to do a 55% drain on my inground vinyl to get it around 60 - if not lower. I have read where several posters say that they do several partial drains instead of the full thing. My question is how far can I take the water down before I risk problems with the walls or the liner itself? The pool is 3 feet at the shallow end and 10 feet at the deep end.

2) I have started the BBB method and slowly pour the bleach at the 3 return jets as recommended. Is there a reason why the bleach can’t be poured down the skimmer? After it passed the pump it would either go through the sand filter or the vacuum filter. Would it damage any of those?? Just wondering about that.

Thanks in advance for answering and for the fantastic job you’all do!

Usually, as long as you keep 2 ft of water in the shallow end, you should be safe.

As far as putting bleach in the skimmer, some people do it, some people don't. I pour in front of the return.

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.