A Breakdown of Dolphin's 2017 Lineup

thebombardier

In The Industry
Jul 16, 2017
Massapequa, NY
There seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding the differences between the pool cleaners Maytronics has to offer this year, with their website not offering much help. Hopefully this thread will clear somethings up.

Active/S Series (These two are effectively identical series other than color)

Active 10/S50 (Designated as Above Ground Cleaners)
- 40 foot non-swivel cable
- 1.5 hour cycle, non-adjustable
- 2 Year limited warranty. First year motor, cable and power supply are covered. Second year only the plastic shell is covered.
- Mesh filter basket with non-removable panels
- Will clean floor

Active 20/S200
- 60 foot non-swivel cable **2018+ MODELS HAVE SWIVEL**
- 2 hour cycle, non-adjustable
- 2 year limited warranty (only motor, cable and power supply covered)
- Filter basket with 2 sets of filter panels, one set of removable fine pleated panels and one set of removable mesh panels (4 panels total in each set)
- Will clean floor, walls, waterline
- No caddy (Available separately)
- Weekly timer (Can set unit to go every day, every 2 days, or every 3 days)

Active 30/S300
- 1 hour "quick clean" cycle or 2 hour regular cycle, adjustable through MyDolphin app or on power supply
- 2 year limited warranty (first year bumper to bumper, second year only motor, cable and power supply)
- Filter basket with one set of removable fine pleated filter panels, optional mesh basket inner liner
- Will clean floor, walls, waterline.
- Caddy included
- Directional remote, accessible in MyDolphin app

Active 30i/S300i
- 1 hour "quick clean" cycle, 1.5 hour short cycle, 2 hour regular cycle, 2.5 hour extended cycle, adjustable through MyDolphin app or on power supply
- 2 year full warranty (bumper to bumper)
- Filter basket with one set of removable fine pleated filter panels, optional mesh basket inner liner
- Will clean floor, walls, waterline.
- Caddy included
- Directional remote, accessible in MyDolphin app
- Cycle parameters adjustable through MyDolphin app (tell unit to just clean floor, just waterline, etc.)

M Series

M200
- 60 foot swivel cable
- 2 hour regular cycle, non-adjustable
- 2 year full warranty
- 2 dual panel filter cartridges with one set of mesh removable filter panels and one set of removable fine pleated filter panels (4 panels total in each set)
- Will clean floor and basin (will not go to waterline)
- No caddy (available separately)
- Weekly timer
- Single drive motor

M400
- 60 foot swivel cable
- 1 hour "quick clean" cycle, 2.5 hour regular cycle, adjustable through MyDolphin app
- 3 year full warranty
- 2 dual panel filter cartridges with one set of mesh removable filter panels and one set of removable fine pleated filter panels (4 panels total in each set)
- Caddy included
- Weekly timer
- Dual drive motor (can make 90 degree turns)
- Third active brush on bottom (aids navigation over main drains as well as adds scrubbing power)
- Directional remote through MyDolphin app

M500
- 60 foot swivel cable
- 1.5 hour "quick clean" cycle, 2.5 hour regular cycle, 3.5 hour extended cycle, adjustable through MyDolphin app
- 3 year full warranty
- Caddy included
- Weekly timer
- Dual drive motor (can make 90 degree turns)
- Third active brush on bottom (aids navigation over main drains as well as adds scrubbing power)
- Directional remote through MyDolphin app
- Cycle parameters adjustable through MyDolphin app (tell unit to just clean floor, just waterline, etc.)

DX Series

DX 3
- 50 foot swivel cable
- 3 hour cycle time, non-adjustable
- 18 month full warranty
- Bottom loading filter bag
- Will clean floor, wall
- No Caddy
- Weekly timer
- Single Drive motor

DX 4
- 50 foot swivel cable
- 1 hour "quick clean" cycle, 3 hour regular cycle, adjustable on power supply
- 2 year full warranty
- Will clean floor, wall, waterline
- No caddy
- Weekly Timer
- Dual Drive motor (can make 90 degree turns)

DX 6
- 50 foot swivel cable
- 1 hour "quick clean" cycle, 3 hour regular cycle, 4 hour extended cycle, adjustable on power supply
- 3 year full warranty
- Caddy included
- Weekly Timer

Apollo Series

Atlantis
- 50 foot swivel cable
- 3 hour cycle time, non-adjustable
- 2 year full warranty
- Bottom loading small filter cartridges
- Will clean floor, wall
- No Caddy
- Weekly timer
- Single Drive motor

Apollo
- 50 foot swivel cable
- 3 hour regular cycle
- 2 year full warranty
- Bottom loading large cartridges
- Caddy included
- Weekly Timer
- Directional Remote available separately

Apollo Plus
- 50 foot swivel cable
- 2 hour "quick clean" cycle, 3 hour regular cycle, 4 hour extended cycle, adjustable through remote
- 3 year full warranty
- Bottom loading large cartridges
- Caddy included
- Weekly Timer
- Remote included

An excellent post! This will be referenced.

Of course, the way Dolphin works, you'll be updating it every year as they seem to not be able to not adjust their product line every season ?

Excellent job. Now which one to buy. 30,000 gallon in ground pool - re plastered in March 2017 - all new filler, heater THE WORKS !!!!! never owner a robot before always the zodiac sweeper type. Willing to spend good money for the right one. I get a lot of maple leaves in the pool in the fall here in Southern Cali. Any advice. Thanks.

Excellent job. Now which one to buy. 30,000 gallon in ground pool - re plastered in March 2017 - all new filler, heater THE WORKS !!!!! never owner a robot before always the zodiac sweeper type. Willing to spend good money for the right one. I get a lot of maple leaves in the pool in the fall here in Southern Cali. Any advice. Thanks.
Do you have any shallow ledges? With that size pool I'd lean towards the M400/M500. If you're a geek/nerd and want to use the app all the time to tweak things get the M500. If you're not then get the M400.

For the 30i, and 300i, you list:
1 hour "quick clean" cycle, 2 hour regular cycle, 2.5 hour extended cycle, adjustable through MyDolphin app or on power supply

Don't the specs list 1.5 hour, 2 hour, 2.5 hour? I like the idea of a 1 hour quick clean mode, but I'm confused by what the specs say.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just to confuse things a little .............

I just purchased an S300 this spring and here are some differences than whats in the breakdown above .

The My Dolphin app / bluetooth feature can NOT select any cleaning cycles or weekly timer option on the 300. Those options are only changeable via the power supply. The ONLY thing you can use on the My Dolphin for the robot features, is the remote control option . The owners manual is also on the app , but as far as controlling anything on the S300 via the My Dolphin app , the remote control is it.

Also, my 300 came with the removable pleated "fine" filter inserts , AND the drop in "coarse" filter basket . I think the S300i does as well . I am pretty sure the pleated fine filter inserts and mesh basket inner liner (coarse filter basket) is standard on the 300, 300i .

Also, some models have the extra rotating brush (2 instead of 1) , where others dont. a10,10e, S50,S100 do not, and most of the others from 200 and up do .

Just an FYI, from what I am seeing on my S300.

Just to confuse things a little .............
The My Dolphin app / bluetooth feature can NOT select any cleaning cycles or weekly timer option on the 300. Those options are only changeable via the power supply. The ONLY thing you can use on the My Dolphin for the robot features, is the remote control option . The owners manual is also on the app , but as far as controlling anything on the S300 via the My Dolphin app , the remote control is it.

The original app for the S300/S300i did allow for remote on/off, selecting cleaning cycles and the timer on the S300 but Maytronics issued an update to eliminate those options and differentiate it from the S300i.

It's actually 1, 1.5, 2, and 2.5 hours.

The Nautilus is more or less a single drive motor DX-6 without a handle. The Nautilus Plus is mechanically the same as as an M200. Warranties vary.

Hmm... reading the descriptions above, I would say the Nautilus Plus is the M200 with the ability to clean the waterline. Very confusing for one company to have so many similar products. ;)

Looks like Maytronics / Dolphin has just further complicated things .
Unless I missed it somehow, but I never remember seeing this new model ...........

http://dolphinpoolrobot.com/en/residential-pool-cleaners/z-series

Now they have a "Z" series .
Looks identical to the S, and active models, even looks to be about the same color combo as the Active .
Models are
Zfun
Z1B
Z2C
Z3i

Just one more model designation, exactly the same as the others , to confuse us even more !

- - - Updated - - -

The original app for the S300/S300i did allow for remote on/off, selecting cleaning cycles and the timer on the S300 but Maytronics issued an update to eliminate those options and differentiate it from the S300i.

Well, that answers that then !

The Z models are the ones for online/internet sales. It's like going to a mattress store. They can say that they'll match prices but the manufacturer changes the model names for each sales channel so it's not the same model and so they don't have to match the price.

They've officially outdone themselves! This version is smiling at you. I'm sure on the next iteration they will just go ahead and put full faces on them. CraZ.

The Z models are the ones for online/internet sales. It's like going to a mattress store. They can say that they'll match prices but the manufacturer changes the model names for each sales channel so it's not the same model and so they don't have to match the price.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. I can get both the Active and S series at my store, but I can only get the Active from one supplier and the S series from another. Neither carries both.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. I can get both the Active and S series at my store, but I can only get the Active from one supplier and the S series from another. Neither carries both.

Margaret of Marina Pool and Spa told me today that Active and S series are for different areas of the country. Since she is in Colorado, Marina Pool can buy from either distributor.

Margaret of Marina Pool and Spa told me today that Active and S series are for different areas of the country. Since she is in Colorado, Marina Pool can buy from either distributor.

I'm in New York and can get both. Who I get the S series from is an international distributor, who I get the Active series from is only Eastern seaboard. I suspect the Active series is for smaller regional sellers while the S series is strictly for that one larger seller. Maytronics has made private label units for that distributor before (the Dolphin Pro comes to mind, basically a Diagnostic in white with a 2 hour cycle instead of 3).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.