A Breakdown of Dolphin's 2017 Lineup

Help- advice

I’m finally getting ready to buy a robotic cleaner. I was thinking of the Dolphin S300 (A30) or what ever it’s various numbers are. Before I jump in, I have one question.

My pool was originally built with an in-floor cleaning system, (that never worked well, but that’s a story for a different day), so it has floor returns. I’ve used a suction side cleaner with no problems, but a robot is a very different animal.

I see some reports of S series robots getting stuck on drain covers. Does this mean the robot will pull up the pop ups and get itself stuck on every floor return. I sure don’t want to invest this kind of money in a robot that I can’t use. I already did that with the in-floor system.

I don't have an in-floor, but can't imagine the robot would pull up the pop-ups. The issue that causes the S-Series robots to get stuck (generally temporarily) on some higher main drains is that they get high-centered. It's not from that that are attaching themselves by suction to the drain.

Chief,

Shop around town. I got my S300i from Tucson Pool & Spa as they are a certified Dolphin service shop and offer loaners in case a bot needs an extended stay. You pay full price BUT it’s a local store and the guy in there is really nice. Would highly recommend them andvthe S300i (its a little more functional than the S300).

No worries on the pop ups, they won’t be an issue. Do you have a channel drain or two round drains? Pictures, pictures, pictures....

Chief,

Shop around town. I got my S300i from Tucson Pool & Spa as they are a certified Dolphin service shop and offer loaners in case a bot needs an extended stay. You pay full price BUT it’s a local store and the guy in there is really nice. Would highly recommend them andvthe S300i (its a little more functional than the S300).

No worries on the pop ups, they won’t be an issue. Do you have a channel drain or two round drains? Pictures, pictures, pictures....

Two drains, I hope they aren’t a problem. I already have a very attractive price from Marina, so unless I’m offered something close to that, I’ll be going with them.
1E373B30-685B-4D38-A62F-C09433C2F5D9.jpg

Oh good, your queen palm looks as ugly as mine do!! I’m glad I’m not the only one in Tucson :laughblue: And holy cow, is that a mesquite or a Palo Verde on your back wall :shock: I’d hate having either of those near my pool....

Glad you’ve got a good deal from Marina’s. Bots are so worth having here and you’ll love not blowing all the pump electricity to run the in-floor system! I cut my pump speeds and run times quite a bit by going with a robot. Saved a lot on electricity usage.

The picture is more than a year old. The good news is the Palo Verde is gone now, and the palms are looking healthier.

bombardier- do you know if an m500 purchased this time of year in 2015 is identical (electronics and all) to one purchased now? Specifically, around bluetooth and app connectivity?

The 2015 model used a physical remote instead of the Bluetooth app and I'm not sure the app could be used with a 2015 model. The power supplies have the same part number but there is a serial number based lockout to the app on Dolphin's end. Otherwise all the hardware is identical.

Just got off the phone with Margaret at Marina Pools. I ordered Dolphin S300. They are offering terrific deals to all TFP members. Here are their prices for the new 2018 models, for TFP members. These are the new models with swivel cords.

62473781-580C-4D98-A74E-FA3C3F5CFDCB.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just got off the phone with Margaret at Marina Pools. I ordered Dolphin S300. They are offering terrific deals to all TFP members. Here are their prices for the new 2018 models, for TFP members. These are the new models with swivel cords.

View attachment 74262

Do you happen to have a clearer copy of that comparison sheet (or a link to one)? I'm looking to buy first robot for my first pool and am trying to decide which S series model to go with.

Try this

Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club - Page 46

The S200 is a great choice. If you need or want the cart, the S300 adds the cart and a very basic Bluetooth feature. The S300i just adds a few more features. All three are the same unit and will work equally well. Just how many “whistles and bells” you want or need.

This is a great thread for anyone looking for these robots.

Not sure why but it seems pool equipment companies do not like to make things straight forward. I know Pentair writes all their literature and designs their webpages to be as confusing and as conflicting as possible. Looks like Maytronics does the same.

Do you have any shallow ledges? With that size pool I'd lean towards the M400/M500. If you're a geek/nerd and want to use the app all the time to tweak things get the M500. If you're not then get the M400.

Sorry to revive this older post. But curious as to why you suggested the M400 vs the S200 for his pool? I also have a 32,000 gal pool and 40 ft long. When reading their website, both models say they are great for IG pools up to 50 ft in length.

I'm looking to grab a robot ASAP so I'm curious.

Thanks!

Sorry to revive this older post. But curious as to why you suggested the M400 vs the S200 for his pool? I also have a 32,000 gal pool and 40 ft long. When reading their website, both models say they are great for IG pools up to 50 ft in length.

I'm looking to grab a robot ASAP so I'm curious.

Thanks!

I can't answer for the other poster but I've had the S300 for three years and it's a great and reliable unit. For a 40-foot pool my only concern would be geometry. If your outlet is at the end of the pool it may be tough to get full coverage. My outlet is at the "50-yard-line" of my kidney-shaped pool so there's always plenty of slack in the cord.

I can't answer for the other poster but I've had the S300 for three years and it's a great and reliable unit. For a 40-foot pool my only concern would be geometry. If your outlet is at the end of the pool it may be tough to get full coverage. My outlet is at the "50-yard-line" of my kidney-shaped pool so there's always plenty of slack in the cord.

Makes sense. Right now the only outlet is near the pump and thats a good 20 ft from one of the corners of the rectangle. I was going to have a friend who is an electrician set up a new outlet for me thats more manageable but also within code.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.