Alexa music and the "rocks"

DMS2014

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Houston, Texas
Does anyone use Alexa music? We have prime and get "free music" so they say. I was on Amazon today and I just cannot figure out how to make Alexa play music. It says I have no list. I looked at the chart and it says that Alexa works with the regular music. I wanted to do this so we could play music out our bluetooth "rocks" we bought for the yard...So why doesn't it work? I looked on my app and tried to download what was on my phone to try that but it didn't do anything...I really don't need 2 million-plus songs. My music focus is very narrow so paying for the unlimited seems silly to me. I feel stupid.

Found this on another board.

"you had to specify your prime account for Prime music in the Alexa app on the phone before it would work properly."

Also there is an amazon music app that you can download. I have it and logged in with my account and it shows you all the prime music available.

Echo should already be paired with your Prime account when you bought it. You should also install the phone app to initially set it up for everything else. I linked Spotify with mine works great. I don't know if Echo will connect to other speakers though other than the dot.

When you ask "Alexia" to play music try saying to play "80's radio on amazon music" or something like that. If you say to play a specific artist or song it will look for songs you have bought through Amazon. You should be able to look up some tips on how to have "Alexia" play what you want. We use it on a fire TV we have installed outside.

I have the Alexa app. I thought i had to download another one. I am a prime member. I looked at what you could do with Prime and it says it will play reg music AND unlimited. I don't want unlimited. When I ask Alexa, all she will do is ask me if I want to try the unlimited trial. The app only has Amazon my music which you have to pay to upload from your phone. Music unlimited, SPotify, pandora, etc. BUT that directly contradicts their website info. I do not know what I am missing.
edit'ed to add under the My Music Libary, it says it's lonely here. Import you rmusic...the fist 250 imported songs are stored for free. When I click on "import your music." it does nothing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.