Advice on pavers, PLEASE!

Jul 21, 2017
Decatur, AL
Hi! This is my first pool larger than a kiddie pool, and I can't thank this site enough for getting me this far!! I am installing on Mexican river rocks (large pea gravel). I got pavers for the legs of the pool, but it has raised the edge by 2 inches. Is this safe for the liner? If I fill the pool like this, will it stress the seam? Am I over thinking it? :)

Thank you!

Including photos, please let me know if they don't show.

Photos do not show. You have to pay Photobucket $399 per year for third party hosting.

Take care.

Welcome to FTP MHamilton6530! I'm pretty new here as well.

We just put our pool up this month and we have ours on pavers except we dug them into the ground to be level. One thing I noticed when filling the pool is the legs move and you have to walk around to adjust them and pull them straight. Ours had been moved completely off the pavers at times.

My personal opinion is it doesn't look safe. Are you able to put them level with the pea gravel?

these pools are pretty tough that might work but I haven't ever seen it done like that, most are flush with the ground (dug in) and occasionally just on hard dirt. my first reaction, though, was cringing at the potential stubbed toes. ouch!

Last edited:
Thank you guys, SO MUCH! It took some patience on my part, but I worked really hard to get them all level and ground level! It turned out great! I used a thinner paver and turned those others into a pathway! :) Here is a picture (it's raining, so I can't go out all the way)

IMG_1638 (1).jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.