SWG (salt water) and my wood DECKs?

BIC

Jul 7, 2007
I'm going to build a wood (treated wood) DECK to acces my pool. Shoud I care about the salt water (SWG) that will drop1splash on the DECK?

I know that there is a lot of talking on the forum about SWG and stones around the pool :roll:, but I didn't find anything about Wood DECK.

Any piece of advice or experience with SWG and wood teated DECKs?

BIC

Hi Bic:

I have a western red cedar deck around my inground salt pool. Other then the odd salt stain, which easily was off with regular water or rain, there are no complaints here. In fact, at our local famous beach, there is pressure treated ties, decks. sand blocks and they easily last 12 to 15 years with no additional yearly treatments applied.

Hope this helps,

Rik

I live on the Jersey shore. Beach boardwalks are pressure treated and have been there for many years. Looks like the biggest effect on them is weather, sand, foot traffic. A pool deck should last allot longer than a beach boardwalk, which is a long time.
Dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.