MUSKOGEE, Ok
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Help! I put my salt in this morning. Most of it is almost dissolved already. When do I add stabilizer to bump it to 80? Can we swim while I'm adding stabilizer. I know it takes a while to dissolve? I always end up with cya too high even though I'm adding proper amount. How do I deal with that?
If my salt is ready do I turn on set before cya is 80?
Also I'm confused about pump run time and swg run time.
I run my pump 12 hrs that seems to keep my pool cleanest but says I run swg way less time. Do they have to run simultaneously? How does swg keep chlorine up all day is it only runs a few hrs a day?
Sorry for all q's it just helps me to understand the entire process

Add CYA now. Yes, you can swim while adding CYA and squeeze the sock while you're swimming. You need to run the SWG long enough so that the FC is above minimum, preferably closer to target, when the SWG turns on for the day. Yes, the pump must be running when the SWG is on. Wait 24-48 hours after adding salt to allow it to fully dissolve and mix in before turning on the SWG.

Add your CYA powder to a sock and hang it in front of a return. Start with enough to get to 50 CYA, once it is fully dissolved in the sock wait 24 hours then test to see how much more to add. If you are always off on your adds it might be that your pool volume is not correct.

I would use bleach for one more day to be sure your Salt is fully circulated.

If you run your pump 12 hours regardless, and I assume that is during the daylight hours, that is a great time to run your SWCG. Not sure if your SWCG is adjustable but you need to have it on enough during your pump run time to get the chlorine you need each day. There are ways to calculate that but you need data from your SWCG.

Experiment. Run your SWCG when the pump runs, did that add enough or too much chlorine, then adjust.

Take care.

So just use bleach today or today and tomorrow? My husband got in this morning after putting salt in and brushed and swam around stirring up salt. My cya was 40 so I added enough for 50 and ill test again after that is finished dissolving. Im so looking forward to not having to run out there and put chlorine in

You should let CYA circulate for 24 hours before testing.

With your size pool, your salt should be mixed if you went in the pool. Raise your FC to your target with bleach and turn on the SWCG. Be sure it is generating.

With a new fill the CYA you dissolved is in there. So you can test for practice but you could also wait two weeks to a month and then test to see what your loss is over that time.

Take care.

I only raised to 50 but says I need 80? Its ok to raise slowly over few days? I always end up overshooting when I do all at once or should I go ahead and add 20 more? Seems like I'm always 10 off

You can go to 80 if you see your SWCG cannot keep up. Your pool is small, so will be easy to manage.

Stay at the 50 for a bit and see if you FC is at target. You want to test it just before you turn on your SWCG for the day. That should be the lowest the FC is during a 24 hour period.

You can go to 80 if you see your SWCG cannot keep up. Your pool is small, so will be easy to manage.

Stay at the 50 for a bit and see if you FC is at target. You want to test it just before you turn on your SWCG for the day. That should be the lowest the FC is during a 24 hour period.
So I want to run it long enough to get to up end of target

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes. If sunlight is too strong to let you then you can raise the CYA in 10 ppm steps to get there. Use bleach to supplement if the FC is below target.

Take care.

What is this? I bought it second hand. Do I need to clean it? I just noticed it
8fb55bd6ffb36fc43c3712046bc0f8ca.jpg

Are those the copper bars on the Intex SWG that we recommend removing or at least disconnecting? You do not want to be adding copper into your pool.
How do I remove or disconnect? This is all new for me. So confusing! I set my run time for 2 hrs according to manual but I don't know if that's correct. I bumped my cya up to 50 but I can't test it until tomorrow to see what it actually is

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.