lights on swg

momof4

Jul 8, 2009
ontario, canada
I have a Zodiac duoclear 200 swg. Normally on the chlorine output display there is one yellow and 2 green lights on. Now it is reading 2 green lights (no yellow light) and the red replace light is flashing. We had a new cartridge installed in May - could it need replacing already? When the pool company opened the pool, they turned the swg on when there was no salt in the pool (for a couple of days) could this have killed the cartridge early? If the red light is flashing, does this mean it is no longer sanitizing? (with test strips, my free chlorine is still reading around 3ppm) I have tried turning it off and on a couple of times, same result. Should I hit the Nature2refresh button? In the manual, it says to only hit this button when a new cartridge is installed. We have had a couple of electrical storms lately with power loss - maybe this affected the machine?

Do you know what the cartridge does? It's an ionizer that releases metals into your pool to help control algae. One of them is copper. You really don't want to use the N2 cartridge.

If the SWG is operating and producing chlorine independently of the N2 cartridge - just take the cartridge out and toss it. I don't know much about the combo-unit if they can operate independently, but the N2 is an expensive rip-off and the benefits do NOT outweigh the cons.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/alternative-sanitizers-and-chemical-free-pools-the-truth-t3025.html

I wondered about the copper issue - is this a concern because of staining issues? I do notice I have a few specks of orange colored staining on my white stairs. I don't know if I can run the machine without the nature 2 cartridge - I don't see a control feature that allows me to turn it off. I'll have to check with the manufacturer and see if it can still run as a swg without that cartridge. Thanks.

The Nature2 replacement light is supposed to go on six months after the last time the Nature2 reset button was pressed. It is a straight timer, it doesn't actually know if the cartridge needs to be replaced or not. Either the reset button was not pushed in May, or the unit lost track of time (which could have been lightning).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.