Intermatic T101 seems to have died?

robrinker

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
I added an Intermatic T101 timer to my pump a little over a year ago. I has worked great, until yesterday I noticed that my pump was running later than it should have. We had two quick power outages the day before, so I thought the clock might have just been off. I reset the time and when I checked on it a few hours later, it hadn't advanced at all.

How common is it for the clock motor on one of these to quit working? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Hey robrinker, :wave:
If your clock motor isn't running most likely it has failed. I've had the same thing happen with two of my pool timers. In the first one the clock motor had burned out and the second one developed a short. Barring a loose connection, I don't know of anything you can do except replace. The cost of repair verses the cost of replace is, most of the time, about the same. It sounds like you may have had a power surge that took your clock motor out. In any event good luck. :)

Intermatic sells the clock portion / gears separate. Usually available at Home Depot etc. Around here, the T103 that I just bought was something like $49 and the replacement clock timer was something like $26 or $30 or something like that.

I've even seen them brand new on ebay. They just pop right into the case. Might be an option depending on what price you can find the timer at.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.