My Backyard Retreat

Nov 7, 2007
Phoenix
Our pool is now 10 years old, and we still use it every day during our sizzling Arizona summers. We didn't have much room in our yard, but managed to get the best use out of the space available.

Attachments

• 2007 pool pics 001.jpg
    2007 pool pics 001.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 3,994
Beautiful!

Just curious why folks in Arizona almost always have a wall around their yard. Is it a carryover from Hispanic influence? I travel to Phoenix and Yuma for work, and that's always been a curiosity for me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
JohnT said:
Beautiful!

Just curious why folks in Arizona almost always have a wall around their yard. Is it a carryover from Hispanic influence? I travel to Phoenix and Yuma for work, and that's always been a curiosity for me.

I suppose some of it may have been because of Hispanic influence, but rarely do you see walls around the front of a home. There are few alleys and where there are alleys, they are used only for service utility trucks. Most neighborhoods have no alleys. There is a little more security because of it. You will also notice that there are very few homes that have front yards towards a main street. That is another oddity. I think the walls have mostly been kept in community planning because there are so many pools and it also keeps the wild critters out, such as coyote, javelina, etc. The downside of it is, you don't get to know your neighbors quite as much.

@gsmiley....Most peeps never fertilize their Queen Palms, and they can look very bad if not fertilized and watered properly. I use the Deep Drip tree watering stakes filled with granular palm tree food to keep my Queens looking healthy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.