Pump run time for liquid CYA?

Pisces

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
League City, Texas
Do I have to run my pumps for 24/48 hours with liquid CYA? I've been doing well with the old granular-in-a-sock method, but I'm hating to run the pumps that much right now to just raise it that *last* little bit, and fighting with my Intellitouch to keep the pumps on 24/7...today I don't have the patience and time to read the Intellitouch manual fine print on how to do that :roll: -that'll be for a day I'm not hot and grumpy :wink: ...last time I tried to program this, the pumps went off during the night anyway, and I missed hours of circulation. I obviously don't know how to program a 24 hr. run yet. :hammer:

At 106-109 or more heat index with full sun, we're evaporating and the autofill is adding water. Also, I had it perfect until DH backwashed the daylights out of the DE filter, drained it down, then the PB came right after that and finally installed the last of my return eyeballs...they drained it down again...I was :grrrr: :grrrr: and had to re-balance everything, but still haven't gotten the CYA back up enough. It's so hot I need my CYA levels to 80 (have SWG)...I'm at 70 or a little less right now, and I know there's a +/- 10 on the test. The UV is eating up my chlorine a little faster right now. No overnight FC loss. Grrrr. Right now, I"m looking for instant and easy. Unless I have to run 24 hrs with the liquid, I'll go back to my sock when the Intellitouch and I have the nitty gritty figured out. Thanks guys!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.