Air Bubbles

Jul 9, 2009
Rochester, IN
:-D I'm new to TFP and have enjoyed it's wisdom and advice. I hope somebody can help me with a problem that has recently developed in our pool. There are small air bubbles coming from the return line into the pool. I've checked all of the fittings and connections from the skimmer, through the pump and filter, and haven't found anything loose that might be sucking air. There aren't a lot of bubbles, but there weren't any just last week. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Good job trying to pinpoint the source of the air. Still sounds like you have some sort of suction side leak. If you're sure that your strainer basket lid is snug (common culprit), you might be able to isolate it to a valve gasket.

Do you have bubbles in the pump strainer basket?

Have you done the hose test? Where you hold the hose over each connection and let the water run over it until the bubbles stop. The connection that makes the bubbles stop is the leaker.

HTH,
Adam

:-D Thanks to all who posted a reply, I need all the help I can get! And a BIG THANKS to 257WbyMag. I didn't think the o-ring on the strainer cover looked bad before, but after reading your post and re-checking I discovered that it was stretched out. Relaced and no more air bubbles! :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.