Can I use a Polaris 280 in a Kayak on-ground pool

Dawgbrain

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2009
I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer for. We are about to break ground on a Kayak 16x32 AGP. It will have a 7 1/2ft hopper deep end and a 30mil liner. I really don't see a reason I can not use an inground cleaner on this pool but am I missing something? I have found a pretty good deal on a 2 year old Polaris 280 with the booster pump but I want to be sure I can use it before I pull the trigger. TIA! Brian

Is there a slope from the shallow end to the deep end or is it a sudden drop off? If it's a sudden drop off the polaris may or may not work. I have a 280 and it will climb a vertical wall for a short distance (maybe a foot or so) before it turns and goes back down. If there is a slope then a vertical wall it does much better and will sometimes almost climb out of the pool before it turns back down. So if there is slope between the deep and shallow ends it should work just fine.

the hopper end has a 45 degree slope from the shallow to the deep. I am also looking at the Kleen Machine robotic but I am pretty sure it would get stuck in the hopper. I am going to research their wall climber as well. Thanks for the reply. Brian

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.