float tanks need chemistry too-hello from Europe

floatmaster

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 12, 2009
Hi I run a float tank company and know a few things about them but I am still learning and especially with the chemistry there is always something new to pick up. My company is Floataway (http://www.floataway.com) but I am not here to sell but to learn. Float tanks use epsom salt (Mag sulfate) in large quantities but that does not seem to alter the basic chemistry of disinfection. However I would like to find out for example about borates, and I want to experiment with electrolysis to make free chlorie from a little extra NaCl in the water. We keep the water at least a year (except we have to add fresh for evaporation losses) so chemicals added stay in the pool. Therefore we never use stabiliser. I need to find out more about calcium as a part of TH and the long term effects of using solid peroxide (trade name surex) so I hope to ask a few chemical advanced questions and if I can help with any odd float tank questions I will be happy to oblige.

Welcome to TFP!

That is a very interesting company and product. I have never heard of such a thing before. But of course, my wife would say that I don't hear much of anything at all. :mrgreen: