Salt water without a SWCG

Jun 22, 2013
I didn't know you could have a salt water pool and not have a SWCG...

I understand the advantage of having a SWCG, but I can't invest in that right now. The Mrs keeps saying she wants a salt water pool cause she wants the "softer" water...

Your thoughts???

I don't mind adding my 12oz or so of Chlorine to the pool everyday, but I am interested in softening my water if possible...

Please to throw me some advise :)

Adding salt does not really soften the water. It does closer match thr salinity in your eyes and changes the feel some.

Get your water tested for salt (you could already be 1000+ ppm) and raise it up to about 2000ppm.

My SWCG broke for the last time years ago I call it the $1,000 thermometer . But I do keep salt in the pool at about 2500 the water feels better with salt. if the pool has all the correct percentages of chemicals my eyes are fine. The SWCG are great when working the cells last about 3 to 5 years and need to be replaced that cost alone will buy a lot of chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.