for those with solar racks lets see them

We have a very limited area for our pool - a cul de sac in the woods. This spot is virtually hidden from the road and protected from wind most of the time. It left little room for panels though - the oval pool sits the long way from east to west and the shade from the forest/woods is right up to the south side of the pool. The panel rack is constructed right up to the north side of the pool - it is constructed a lot like a pergola. The frame is wood and 2.5" pvc pipe with a chicken wire support base. The panels are removed each fall to store for the winter.

These pics were taken early in the morning when the sun is still on the far east. Once it rolls around to the south and higher in the sky, the panels receive full sun right up until around 7:30-8:30 at night, depending on the time of the year.

Attachments

• 100_0535.jpg
    100_0535.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 508
  • 100_0537.jpg
    100_0537.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 505
Here are ours...... we've buried the pipes since this pic was taken

053.jpg

I'm a day late, but here they are:

[attachment=0:2oz5y4x9]racks.jpg[/attachment:2oz5y4x9]

I'm still in the building process (as evidenced by the PVC and mounds of dirt everywhere :whip: )

I put the 2nd rack a bit too close to the first, so it gets about a 1 foot shadow on the bottom of it for part of the day. :hammer: Nothing I can do about it now!

Hopefully in a few weeks I'll know how well they work. I have 4x4's in the middle in addition to at the ends, and 2x4's every 2 feet. I put plywood over the entire surface on the recommendation of several people here.

Attachments

• racks.jpg
    racks.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 302
I am glad I started this post some people go all out and some not as much and all work good and get the job done. It all depends on the time and money and skill level a person has I guess. Thanks all so far with there pictures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.