Does the Autopilot ever reset itself?

Lazyman

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 25, 2009
NJ
My digital display was set at a 575 setpoint for orp. Everything seemed fine with that (fine for this example at least), then my timer shut it off at 2PM. I manually turned it back on maybe 30 minutes later, (pump and swg go on at the same time with the timer) and the orp setpoint was now 775 or something very high like that. That is the only time it ever happened to me. I changed it back down to 575 and it never happened again. this was two days ago.

Power didn't go out. Battery is good I'm assuming because the unit is a couple of months old.

I'm glad I noticed it, because I'm always curiously looking at the display. I'm going to mount that remote cam on the display someday. I'll be darned if I keep going out in total darkness in the middle of the night just to see what she's displaying. I'd rather look at my Tv or computer screen at the numbers. lol

***Edit** One more detail. The orp setpoint now goes up and down at different number steps. For example, if it went up by 5's 550-555-560-565 etc.., now it goes up by 3's or maybe just odd numbers. I didn't notice exactly, but the numbers I end up with now are weird numbers like 572, 577, etc..

Is that your ORP Measurement or Set point that you're describing? The set point should not "reset" for any reason other than manually.
If that's your ORP measurement, then yes, it will fluctuate throughout the day due to the effects on ORP, such as sunlight, bather usage, pH fluctuations, water temperature, etc...

You can go crazy trying to monitor the ORP readings to find a consistency...it's just not going to be consistent enough, except in laboratory conditions.

Poolsean said:
Is that your ORP Measurement or Set point that you're describing? .

It is my setpoint that changed. It now also goes up and down in increments of 5 but the numbers are xx"2", xx"7" etc... instead of xx"5" x10", x15"... Not sure what happened there.

Also, I'm only "monitoring" the orp readings because I can't find a setpoint that will work properly. I'm having to change setpoints every day or two, or I'll have too much chlorine or too little. This may not be the thread to ask about that, so maybe I'll E-mail you seperately. I've already called tech support about it but I still have the issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.