Quad 60 D.E. Filter bleed air valve broke, now out $$$$

Jun 24, 2007
Eastern NC
Why is it that things go wrong on a Friday late afternoon when everything is closed and nothing is open until Monday morning for you to get parts to fix your pool? Also when you do go in you find that the part you need is always a back order item and will not be in for a week. Don't pool company's keep stock?

The bleed air valve on our filter system broke which in turn pumped out water for who knows how long all over the inside of the filter pump house. To the point that it got into the pump motor and burned it out which in turn tripped the circuit breaker. Needless to say I was able to get a new motor the next day, lucky for me it was their last one. But the bleed air valve was a now where to be fount item. I finally got a hold of a store online in Las Vegas that had one and they are second day shipping to me. So I hope to have it by Tues. Meanwhile the algae has taken hold and I have a nice green pool. I have the pump on circulate for now since I can't use the filter. What a mess.

Sorry to vent but it really bothers me that this stuff happens when everything is closed and you can't get what you need right then and there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.