above ground pool ideas?

Jun 27, 2009
davenport,iowa
hello i have had a 18 ft round 52in deep pool for 3 years and i still havent finished around the bottom outside of the pool :hammer: for like a border of rocks coming around the pool for drainage and spashing it gets muddy when im vacumming and stuff i thought about coming 2 feet out all the way around with like river rock not the pea gravel stuff to soft anyone have any pics of your pool with something similar? so i can get somes ideas would like to suprise my wifr by finally getting it done im have a grass yard so any pics would be cool so i can get a idea.............thanks mike :goodjob:

I have river rock around our pool. I think it looks nice here on the other side of Iowa.[attachment=0:279r970y]IMG_3931.JPG[/attachment:279r970y] This picture is just after our install,the grass has filled in now.

Attachments

• IMG_3931.JPG
    IMG_3931.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 923
I put in some edging and white marble chips. Oh - make sure to put landscape fabric down first, whatever you do. Sure cuts down on the weeds.

efinpool2.jpg

I'm not sure I have a picture anywhere or not. We used 'Class 5' fill mechanically compacted - it's what they make parking lots out of. River and pea rock has such a tendancy to catch seedlings from trees and weeds and then junk is growing in between and it's a mess. We have a shallow well in our yard so no chemicals can be used anywhere due to runoff - also have Koi ponds so drift is a concern too.

It's edged with scalloped edger. I put pots of flowers/shrubs ON this, but no plants in it - that's the idea. Ours is about 28-45" away from the pool edge, depending on which side.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.