ProLogic PS8 wired with Tristar 2-speed Pump

Jul 11, 2009
Hello. I have ProLogic PS8 and Tristar 2-speed pump. The way the electricians hooked it up it is unintuitive. If I press Filter once, it is in high mode. If I press Filter a second time, the pump turns off and blinks low mode. I have to press Aux3 to turn on the pump again. To get it back to high, I have to press Aux3 to turn off the low-mode pump, press Filter twice (once from low-to-off, twice from off-to-high).

My assumption was that by ONLY pressing the Filter button, it would cycle through the modes. Aux3 adds added complexity (and possibly a danger if Aux3 + Filter[high] were on at the same time.

Help? I'm not wizened in the ways of pumpery and control systems, but I can sure take instruction back to my pool builder and make him fix it!

In the configuration menu, you need to set the Filter Pump to 2 speed, and then whichever aux relay controls low speed, probably Aux 3 in your setup, needs to be setup in Low Speed of a 2-Speed Filter Pump mode.

Follow-up on how we got this working.

According to Hayward technical support (thanks guys!), it was a matter of going under "function" for Aux3 and setting it to "Low Speed". Now, the Filter button correctly cycles between Off/High/Low. When you have it go to Low speed, it starts a 3 minute countdown, first.

I'm thrilled.

Edit: Which is exactly what you said, but I didn't get that until after I had already got it working. And thanks to you, too!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.