Broken Kreepy Krauly

Pool-owner

Jul 12, 2015
Edison/NJ
Hi folks:

I have a 3 to 4-year old Kreepy Krauly. It has been working fine for the most part. Today, I noticed that the plastic tube (for navigation) came off. See photo. I put it back in but only found it fell off again in the water several times. Is this something that can be fixed with replacement parts?

Even if it is fixable, is it worth fixing or should I just buy a new one?

Are there newer models (Kreepy Krauly) or otherwise that you would recommend?

Any comments and suggestions will be appreciated!

broken kreepy.jpg

I did some searching and could not find any threads on this. I think it is time for a new one.

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim!

I did some research. The bumper strap can be replaced for about $30. The newer model of kreepy krauly (Pentair 360048 ) costs $280.00

I am also considering Baracuda G3
The alternative is $262.00 on Amazon.
[FONT=&quot][COLOR=#555555 !important]Zodiac
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=&quot]BARACUDA G3 W03000 Advanced Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner

I am familiar with the kreepy krauly. It has no problems except that it gets stuck occassionally. Anybody have experience with the newer model or the baracuda?

Thanks in advance,
Paul
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Not sure if you still need a cleaner, but I have a G3 and love it. Probably one of the best cleaners for dirt and sand. Requires little maintenance but can take a bit to get it dialed in the first time depending on pool shape (adjust returns, regulate suction, add weight, etc).

Not sure if you still need a cleaner, but I have a G3 and love it. Probably one of the best cleaners for dirt and sand. Requires little maintenance but can take a bit to get it dialed in the first time depending on pool shape (adjust returns, regulate suction, add weight, etc).

Thanks Spoonman for the feedback. Somehow I was able to fix the kreepy krauly, but will definitely consider the G-3 in the future. The KK still gets stuck at the ladder despite the use of a guard. That's the biggest drawback of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.