Question about lights setup on Pentair Easy Touch

Apr 23, 2008
StL, MO
The motherboard on my Easy Touch 4 was recently replaced and I was surprised to see that the newest firmware offers all sorts of new options in the Lights menu. I'm pretty sure I correctly assigned circuit names and functions (1 is Spa, 2 is Pool, 3 is Aux 1 (SAm), 4 is Aux 2 (PG2000) and Aux 5 (Color Wheel). But I'm having no luck w/ Modes, or even Sync. What am I doing wrong? Do these features require an IntelliBrite (which I don't have)?

I'm guessing that's the case, meaning that the SAm and PG2000/photon generator are slaved to the IntelliBrite controller. I'm not interested in an IntelliBrite for a few reasons. The SAm in my 2-year old pool was just replaced a couple of months ago (late last season I discovered that my builder somehow managed to cut through the power cable's waterproof shroud while installing the SAm). Also, despite the IntelliBrite's fantastic features, I know that a single LED light isn't bright enough to fully illuminate even a pool as small as mine (16x32). I'm not willing to spend more money to replace a new SAm w/ an IntelliBrite, nor the cost of a second IntelliBrite in the shallow end, not to mention the labor and expense of removing part of my deck and trenching the backfill to install a 2nd IntelliBrite in the shallow end.

I wish Pentair would offer a sub board w/ the IntelliBrite's logic, that could be installed into any Pentair automation system and offer the IntelliBrite's modes for controlling SAm and fiber optic lighting. I would happily spend $300-400 for that.

I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks - yeah, I downloaded the newest manual and concluded I evidently need an IntelliBrite to take advantage of the new light modes. Doubtless the newest firmware for Pentair's automation systems was updated to take advantage of the IntelliBrite's logic. Awaiting confirmation from the Pentair rep.

As I said, I wish Pentair would offer a card that could provide the same logic to SAm's, PG2000's, etc. for pools w/o an IntelliBrite. I guess I'm left w/ the same basic cycle as before - which ain't bad, but I was excited by the prospects of those other light modes.

Also, I'm pleased that my IntelliChlor com/% output issue was resolved w/ the new boards (both the Easy Touch motherboard and the IntelliChlor power board were replaced). Also, was pleased to see that the blades on my IC40 were pristine when I examined them a couple of weeks ago. It's good to be able to precisely maintain my FC once again.

When you responded to a similar post of mine on PoolandSpa Forum (http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19890&hl=intellichlor ) you mentioned "another little bump" the IntelliChlor has had. I'm keenly interested to hear about that - please share!

Thanks,
Joe

The problem with allowing other manufc. to run their stuff on your systems is that you're taking money out of your own hands. If you sold controllers and lights, and made it so ppl could use different lights (that you don't sell) with your controller, you would be loosing that sale. thats the main, and possibly the only reason they don't interface with other lights. Or it's a software thing (doubtful).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.