Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I put 6lbs of CYA hanging yesterday. Trying to get above that 30 number :roll:
I've been running my pump on low 10-12 hrs. a day since turning on the SWG a few days ago and seems to be working out pretty well. FC staying at 4.5 with SWG at 5% :whoot:

Questions:
1. Should I change my pump run time??? CYA was dissolved this evening.
2. Should I refrain from cleaning my cart filters. If so for how long???

Thanks

You clean your cart filters when the pressure indicates it. Sometimes the gauge doesn't reflect it....you will notice a decrease in flow from the return.... on my pool, the heater will stop working when the filter is dirty, and the pressure gauge won't budge.

Is there a reason why you think you should clean the filter? I know you cleared up green water...have you cleaned it since then?

Since you did the hanging sock, you should be able to clean the filter without a problem. If the sock were in your skimmer, I would suggest waiting a few days before cleaning it.

Thanks FPMom.
My pressure has only gone up about 4-5 psi. I'm going to have quite a few folks in the pool tomorrow :party: so thought I might go ahead and clean the filters. Maybe I'll just wait.

reebok said:
I think it's pretty clear in pool school what to do. pool-school/recommended_pool_chemicals[/quote

[color=#FF4040 Ya know, being a first time pool owner and having read and learned a thousand things in the past 6 months, I must have forgotten that little tidbit of info.[/color]]

If a sock of CYA is hanging in front of a return, backwashing and/or cleaning a filter isn't as much of an issue if one were to put the sock in the skimmer, or pour directly thru the skimmer into the filter. In the latter two cases you shouldn't clean/backwash for a week. Since Lynn stated the sock was hanging, I see no reason to worry about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.