To all the Newbies like myself

May 6, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Folks i can guarantee you, that if you listen and follow through with the advice and tips found here you will be happy pool owners. I was fortunate enough to find this place in early May and my pool has NEVER looked better nor have I ever spent so little money or time fretting over my water. This is especially true over the past years when i have gone on my annual fishing trip to NL. Usually i would have stocked my shed with 40-60 Liters of liquid chlorine and all the other garbage the pool shop told me i needed because I didn't want a panic call from my wife that the pool was turning green.

Well-I have just returned from 14 days away and the pool is in as agood a shape as it was when I left. My wife merely checked the CL and PH every day and everything held as it should. When I did a complete run of tests last night with the kit i purchased here as recommended by everyone , my water was PERFECT in every sense.

I know how it is to get frustrated and the fear we have of posting too much, questioning the advise, feeling dumb because we cannot quite grasp it all, and having the patience to follow through with the advise given here, but it will pay off in spades for you. You can see my first ramblings here when I was in the same state many of you first time posters are in:

concrete-pool-milky-water-t11780.html

CHEERS AGAIN to all of you who take of your time to help us all become better and happier pool owners.You are wonderful people.

Cheers to you all

Gerry

Yeah, the people on this forum are priceless! I honestly can't thank them enough. This is my third year of having my pool and the FIRST year that I am actually enjoying it (well, when the weather cooperates) it's been kind of a yucky summer around here so far.

So, a great big SHOUT OUT and THANKS! to all of you!!

I just wanted to echo the praises for this forum. You all have helped me out so many times, even it you weren't helping me personally, you were answering someone else that had the exact same question :party:

Another other cool thing is like being in Home Depot's swimming pool section and overhear a couple talking and asking each other what kind of chemicals to buy, and suggest they check out TFP to save them oodles of $$ and :grrrr: and know that they will be treated with respect and understanding, even if they ask a really dumb question ( I know this from experience ) and get the correct information :whoot:

Thank you all again,
Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.