AG Pool Cleaners

MikeInTN said:
momof3 said:
I got my new pool cleaner... It is a Patriot for above ground pools. I used it last night and the hose kinks where you plug it into the skimmer.. Any advise on how to prevent it from kinking??

You could try a vac plate with a 90 degree elbow on it. The plate sits on top of the skimmer basket.

Is the plate something I can buy at the pool store??

momof3 said:
MikeInTN said:
momof3 said:
I got my new pool cleaner... It is a Patriot for above ground pools. I used it last night and the hose kinks where you plug it into the skimmer.. Any advise on how to prevent it from kinking??

You could try a vac plate with a 90 degree elbow on it. The plate sits on top of the skimmer basket.

Is the plate something I can buy at the pool store??

Yep, should be something most pool stores have.

The little Hayward AGP cleaners seem very popular (dave, wanda, aquabug). Has anyone had problems with wrinkles or seams? My Intex frame pool has wrinkles and footprints as well as some seam flaps. I'm wondering if these little cleaners can crawl over these obstacles without getting stuck and possibly damaging the liner...

I don't know what type of plastic/vinyl an intex pool has since I've got a SPLASHER type made of a really thick vinyl - so I don't know about what damage a WANDA WHALE could cause to your pool.

I do know - having watched my WHALE move in circles and circles that while she does have little feet/pods that move across the bottom of the pool - she actually kinda 'floats' above the pool floor. I think some of the other cleaners actually have TREADS or ROLLERS that move the cleaners along. The CRITTERS have these rocker feet and 'wings.' It's the internal gears and the suction of the water that get's her moving.

Whenever she does hit a wrinkle (I have a few in the corners) she just kinda 'floats' above and still gets the stuff that settles there. (Maybe I should take a look with a scuba mask to see if there's any changes - but I don't feel a difference with my toes!) Now, because my wrinkles are close to the corners she's also usually hitting the wall, too. Because of the slope of the wall, she can sometime climb but she's also spinning (the black ring around the bottom/middle turns when against a hard object like the ladder or wall) her way to another direction. What I'm trying to say is the wrinkles don't cause her to get stuck or stop.

A few years ago when I first started looking for an automatic cleaner - nobody seemed to like the CRITTERS- either they had problems or breakdowns or *didn't feel they did a good enough job. I got one anyway because it was the only one within my budget that I understood how it connected (suction side) and didn't need to worry about a booster pump and such for my little AGP pool. I LOVE MY WANDA WHALE! I tell everyone I wish i had purchased it MUCH earlier in my POOL JOURNEY. The only problems I've had were this year but was able to self diagnose, fix and do the repair myself. All she needed was a new pair of shoes (- $20).

dpool

*I don't know what size the critics pool's were. I think if I had a much bigger pool I could have a different opinon but she's perfect for my 9x17 AGP

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.