PSI to High or is it ok

mjt123

Jul 5, 2007
As you can see from my many Posts that I am new to this forum and new to having a pool. We just bought our 1st house and lucky us it has a pool. After getting it started up my Gage is reading 23PSI. I did change the sand and backwash and rinsed 2 times and sill reads 23PSI. Is that to high? I dont have any history on the install. My pump is pulling 6.2 ampa and the data tag reads 8 amps. its a 1.5 hp pump and Triton TR60 sand filter and the pool holds 24000Gal. What do you guys think?

Thanks Mike

Well, my 3/4hp Whisperflo and 48sqft FNS plus DE filter run at about 22psi if I only have the returns open. IF I open the reurns, spa return and stair jets then it drops to 13psi. So I'll assume you only have returns therefore it should be fine....or mine is not right either ;)

Sorry, I left more questions:

How far is it from the pad to the first pool return? The longer the line, the higher the pressure.

Also, do you have more than one suction line? This tends to increase pressure as well.

23 PSI is a bit high for filter pressure but it could still be "normal" for your plumbing set up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.