Hayward psi pressure Sand filter

Jul 10, 2009
We had a new above ground Outback brand pool installed just yesterday. Starting the pump today, we have a psi of 18 and everything is flowing freely. The manual and the store where we purchased said it should be between 8 to 12 psi. It was leaking everywhere and we got all the leaks stopped. Backwashed as per the manuals instructions and it is still registering 18 psi. The gauge returns to 0 when it is shut off. Is this normal or something we should be worried about? Thanks, Shelly

Hi John, the filter is SM1915SHG and the pump is a Power Flo LX. Let me know if I didn't give you the right information. Got a lot of papers with the pool, so hoping this is the right ones :) Thank you again!

scrapn4me said:
Hi John, the filter is SM1915SHG and the pump is a Power Flo LX. Let me know if I didn't give you the right information. Got a lot of papers with the pool, so hoping this is the right ones :) Thank you again!

I don't recognize the filter number? Manufacturer and type, or is there another number?

What horsepower is the Power Flo?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.