Status last night using Taylor K-2006:
FC-.5
CC-1.5
PH-7.4
T/A-140
CYA-0
CH-350
Water is cloudy.

Last night added 4lbs stabilizer in sock by return and 96 oz - 6% liquid bleach.

Status today pool place test:
FC-0
CC-.1
PH-7.0
T/A-120
CYA-0
CH-360
Water is a little clearer but still somewhat cloudy.

How long should I wait for CYA to increase before adding more stabilizer?
Put in excess required luquid bleach but it still did not hold. How much more
should I add?
Thanks.......

Experimented w/it last night. Getting conflicting instructions from pool place and the calculator. PP soaked me for enough already this season and their suggestions haven't
been working. Decided to research on my own and found this website. Inherited pool with new house .....not enjoying it at the moment.

Well, I can understand that. :lol:

3 small jugs of 6% will raise you to shock level (10).

Tomorrow, consider your shock level 12, which is 3.6 small jugs. (if your FC is again 0).

On the Pool Calc, you enter your gallons. Then in the "now" column, you enter your current test results....in this case "0". Then in the "target" box you enter 10. Tomorrow consider your CYA as 30 (based on the 4 lb addition) and your target is 12 (the higher your CYA, the higher your shock level). We usually say "assume" it's in there 24 hours after addition but don't test for it for a week.

Hit calculate, the results are to the right, listed in ounces. If you move your cursor over that result, it tells you how many jugs that is, in the box up above.

Just wanting to make sure I'm on the right track.....

FC on 7/9 dropped back to 0. Added 290 oz bleach.

FC on 7/10 dropped back to .5 Added 364 oz bleach. Tested an hr later and it was 10.

FC on 7/11 am dropped to 1.5. Added 390 oz bleach. At 1:00 pm levels were at 10. Lots of sunshine this afternoon and at 6:00 pm it has dropped to 5.5. How much bleach would you recommend I add tonight?

I'm sure the experts will expound but I'd recommend adding bleach more than once a day till you get it to hold. To me your issue is that the FC is dropping really fast and by letting it drop back below shock level your giving the stuff growing a chance to gain on you. I think I'd add 1 gallon right now then 2 quarts in the morning and two quarts in the evening till it turns around. Of course good testing is essential.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Water is better but still not crystal clear. Black deposits on the bottom of the pool this morning. Dead algea?? Vac'd and added 136 oz bleach to bring the level from 5 to 10. Ph has dropped to 7.0. Added all the borax I had on hand (65 oz) and aerating from return. Alkalinity
rose to 140. Exactly what recommended constant FC levels should I be aiming for? I'm getting confused.......

You wait a week to test for it, but 24 hours after it has dissolved, assume the level is there and raise the shock level accordingly. So for example if your CYA was 0, your shock level was 10. 24 hours after adding enough CYA to reach 30, your shock level would then be 12 (or 13 :wink: ). If you add enough to reach 50, then the shock level would become 20....

These are the latest test results from the pp.

TC - .5
FC - 0
PH - 6.6
Alka - 120
Hard - 375
Stabilizer - 0
Phosphate - 300

I added 4lbs of stabilizer a week ago (level was at 0). Thought there should be some change in CYA. I've been shocking to 12 for the last 7 days. Morning and evening. Levels were holding at 5-6. PP tells me to add Revive, 5 lbs of conditioner and 1 1/2 lbs of ph plus. Added 65 oz of borax 4 days ago since ph was at 7.0.

Any advice as to how to get this under control. Everything I am trying, is not working. Ready to call the cement truck.

Thanks.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.