Stain? feels smoother than plaster?

anonapersona

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
I am wondering about these marks on the pool. They are grey and feel smoother than the plaster itself. I sort of suspect that the Polaris, which was in need of new tires when we bought the house, may have been damaging the pool surface. I can try to take photos but I really don't know how to post them.

I see that some of the neighbors have replastered... is that something that is done after 8 or 10 years normally? How do you know if it is necessary?

anonapersona said:
I see that some of the neighbors have replastered... is that something that is done after 8 or 10 years normally? How do you know if it is necessary?
Yes, normal plaster maintenance is acid washing every 3-5 years and re-plastering every 10-15. Some aggregate surfaces might not need this as often if water balance is carefully maintained. If you do not maintain proper water balance the time frame could be significantly shorter! YMMV

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.