Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stain? feels smoother than plaster?

1. Back To Top    #1

Stain? feels smoother than plaster?

I am wondering about these marks on the pool. They are grey and feel smoother than the plaster itself. I sort of suspect that the Polaris, which was in need of new tires when we bought the house, may have been damaging the pool surface. I can try to take photos but I really don't know how to post them.

I see that some of the neighbors have replastered... is that something that is done after 8 or 10 years normally? How do you know if it is necessary?
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stain? feels smoother than plaster?

Quote Originally Posted by anonapersona

I see that some of the neighbors have replastered... is that something that is done after 8 or 10 years normally? How do you know if it is necessary?
    Yes, normal plaster maintenance is acid washing every 3-5 years and re-plastering every 10-15. Some aggregate surfaces might not need this as often if water balance is carefully maintained. If you do not maintain proper water balance the time frame could be significantly shorter! YMMV