Tile popped off

May 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
One of the tiles in our pool popped off. It's right at the water line. What kind of stuff do I use to put it back in place, and make sure it doesn't fall off again? And where can you buy it?
[attachment=2:2k3x6vip]IMG_3384R.jpg[/attachment:2k3x6vip]
It looks like the previous owners have spread some kind of cement right over top of some old tiles (on the bridge between the pool and spa) I would like to avoid that, and just get it back to the original look.
[attachment=1:2k3x6vip]IMG_3385R.jpg[/attachment:2k3x6vip]
On the other side (of the bridge) it looks like the tiles might fall off any minute too. What to do there??[attachment=0:2k3x6vip]IMG_3386R.jpg[/attachment:2k3x6vip]

BTW, the tile that fell of is right next to the part on the bridge where the tiles look like they will fall off anytime.

Attachments

• IMG_3384R.jpg
    IMG_3384R.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_3385R.jpg
    IMG_3385R.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_3386R.jpg
    IMG_3386R.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 309
It appears the tile has been replaced once before and is letting go again.

I doubt there is little you can do to reaatach and make it look good unless you have worked with tile and masonry thinset and grout before.

Without experience, it is not a simple DIY job. I would first suggest you get a professional tile man to quote repairing permanently all that has popped off or is about to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.